Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

mackinaw bridge with goldwings

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 07:26 PM
mikeroyharley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mackinaw bridge with goldwings

anybody gonna join that night ride to the up of michigan in august its a goldwing organized event but all makes are welcome to join in. since my uncle rides a wing im gonna ride with him. it sounds fun but am worried about deer.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:05 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

A night ride in the northern lower or in the Upper peninsula is always a good opportunity to see deer along side the road. Just look for the 'glowing' eyes. But thats not the only creature roaming the night woods. Not sure where you will be riding, and just over the bridge isn't a likely place to see these, but in the past few years Moose have been seen (reported to have made it over from Isle Royal during the winter), and their eyes do not reflect light so you may not see them until they are out in the road. In the past I've done a lot of riding up there and have seen coyote, bear, deer, porkys, possums, coons as well as dogs during night rides. Just stay sober and keep attentive to the sides of the road. I tend to ride the middle line at night....imho it gives you just a fraction of a second more reaction time, and I'll take every advantage I can muster.

Have a great ride!