Street Rod 2017 BNew deal

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 03:32 PM
ad78
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Street Rod 2017 BNew deal

Hello there and its my first post!

my local HD has 2017 Street Rod and talking to the salesguy he told me that if i am interested, his last price will be half off the MSRP plus of course i need to pay doc,vin,sales tax and registration.

Never went to see the bike yet but he told me its brand new and not used. The only setback for me right now is the ergonomics. I am 6 flat and wondering if anyone here has one and having issues? Also, is there any open recall with the bike?

This is 2017 model and why the hell 2 years after no one is buying this bike lol

Old 05-24-2019, 05:30 PM
jstolwor
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picket up a 2017 Street Rod a month or so ago. I am 5'11' and find it a little cramped (I'm used to forward controls which are not available for this bike yet) but still amazingly fun and comfortable. There was a recall for a surging issue but, if you're buying from a dealer, it should have been fixed if required (never hurts to check). The downside to this bike is the current lack of available accessories, even a lot of the standard Street 750 stuff won't fit the 750A Street Rod. Love mine, though, and am putting a handlebar riser on this weekend.

Old 07-20-2019, 09:12 AM
VortecCPI
Road Captain
Received 247 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by ad78
This is 2017 model and why the hell 2 years after no one is buying this bike lol
I just bought a 2017 and these things are rare and not very popular. Many riders have asked me "What the heck is it?" and many of those asking are hard-core HD riders.

Two years ago all three local HD dealers had Street Rods on the floor and now NONE of them have ANY Street models on the floor. Salesman here said "Those re not real Harleys".

Whatever... I really like mine and I have received a lot of compliments... I am very happy with mine - Came with Rinehart pipe and lots of other genuine HD accessories...

Still have this awesome 1986 Yamaha SRX600 so the Street Rod was a good fit for me...

Old 07-20-2019, 10:59 AM
ad78
Cruiser

I am now enjoying it sfter i posted this thread. You are right, a lot asking what model when im in gas station. I really dont care if its not the real harley. Mods done were fender delete and vance & hines slip on. Amazing sound and the other day i went to harley, folks like the sound!

Old 07-20-2019, 02:58 PM
VortecCPI
Road Captain

I am now enjoying it sfter i posted this thread. You are right, a lot asking what model when im in gas station. I really dont care if its not the real harley. Mods done were fender delete and vance & hines slip on. Amazing sound and the other day i went to harley, folks like the sound!
So far I have received nothing but compliments on mine and I really like the fact it is odd, rare, and unique.

And the sound of that small V-Twin is unmistakable...

Old 07-20-2019, 03:46 PM
ad78
Cruiser

Here..

The following users liked this post:
VortecCPI (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 07:07 AM
VortecCPI
Road Captain

Here..
Sure looks familiar! Question for you...

My bike has a Rinehart pipe and runs very strong - It has instant, almost twitchy throttle response and pulls hard at any engine or bike speed in any gear. Just the smallest inputs result in instant response and a big input and the bike jumps. It is actually a bit surprising and based upon watching videos of other Street Rods mine seems to be quicker and more responsive. I also notice that Street Rods in the videos I watch have a lot of decel pop and mine only does it after a long period of engine braking. Also... Running 55-60 MPH in sixth gear the throttle is barely off closed position. My bike sure seems a lot stronger than any I have seen in the videos I have watched. Based upon this I am wondering if the previous owner already remapped the ECU.

How does what I wrote above compare to your bike?

Last edited by VortecCPI; 07-21-2019 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:52 PM
ad78
Cruiser

Originally Posted by VortecCPI
Sure looks familiar! Question for you...

My bike has a Rinehart pipe and runs very strong - It has instant, almost twitchy throttle response and pulls hard at any engine or bike speed in any gear. Just the smallest inputs result in instant response and a big input and the bike jumps. It is actually a bit surprising and based upon watching videos of other Street Rods mine seems to be quicker and more responsive. I also notice that Street Rods in the videos I watch have a lot of decel pop and mine only does it after a long period of engine braking. Also... Running 55-60 MPH in sixth gear the throttle is barely off closed position. My bike sure seems a lot stronger than any I have seen in the videos I have watched. Based upon this I am wondering if the previous owner already remapped the ECU.

How does what I wrote above compare to your bike?
sorry for the late reply man.. same here, pure stock with V&H slip-on. I noticed, when i got brand new, the torque is not as quick after 1k. Now its like the bike jumps all the way lol!

The following users liked this post:
VortecCPI (07-24-2019)