HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Mascot out of country?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 10:25 AM
MSFLH
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mascot out of country?

Originally Posted by [URL="https://www.hdforums.com/forum/members/1707-skjold.html"
SKJOLD[/URL]]This post outlines the basic rules for carrying the Mascot.

1. The Mascot can only be carried and passed to registered members of HDForums.com.
2. The Mascot can only be moved on a Harley Davidson motorcycle or a Harley Davidson custom or chopper. (Sorry no cars, planes, boats, or other makes of motorcycles
can be used.)

3. All actual HDF Members are eligilbe to sign the Mascot. One signature per HDF Member is allowed on the Mascot
4. A photo or photos of the members involved in the ride should be submitted along with a story and route the Mascot moved. Please submit these stories to Tripper so that he can update the "Travels Of The Mascot" thread.
Don't mean to sound like an ****, but how'd the mascot leave the country and why exactly? Did it just get so bogged down over here that it needed a European vacation? Did I miss that day?

Old 05-02-2010, 05:52 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Its gone overseas because it was not getting much interest from people here in the US. Not sure when its coming back but it looks like its gone until next years riding season at the least.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by MSFLH
Don't mean to sound like an ****, but how'd the mascot leave the country and why exactly? Did it just get so bogged down over here that it needed a European vacation? Did I miss that day?
Yes, you did miss that day. It was a month before you signed on as a member. We are an international forum and the mascot has been traveling around the U.S. since 2005. Last year it spent more time in people's garages than on the road so I sent it to Europe to make it's rounds. It's even been to Russia.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 AM
MSFLH
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Terry1955
Yes, you did miss that day. It was a month before you signed on as a member. We are an international forum and the mascot has been traveling around the U.S. since 2005. Last year it spent more time in people's garages than on the road so I sent it to Europe to make it's rounds. It's even been to Russia.
What I was thinking.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:56 AM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by glideridemike
Its gone overseas because it was not getting much interest from people here in the US. Not sure when its coming back but it looks like its gone until next years riding season at the least.
Originally Posted by Terry1955
I think we need to get that back or maybe have one for each continent or some thing.
Is it really big enough for 'all' us members to sign it?

Sure, I've never had that much interest in it either & probably still don't... but maybe if I'd heard more about it... who knows?

I do know that if it was around for our June Meet & Greet Ride here in central Ohio I'd damn sure like to have my John Henry on it!

Maybe more of these kinds of rides could be organized with an appearance of the Mascot.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:04 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 08fxdf43202
I think we need to get that back or maybe have one for each continent or some thing.

Sure, I've never had that much interest in it either & probably still don't... but maybe if I'd heard more about it... who knows?

I do know that if it was around for our June Meet & Greet Ride here in central Ohio I'd damn sure like to have my John Henry on it!

Maybe more of these kinds of rides could be organized with an appearance of the Mascot.
Ken I don't think hdf wants to be affiliated with our ride or provide a mascot for it. So I'm working on something for us Ohio Riders for our group rides.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:05 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by glideridemike
Ken I don't think hdf wants to be affiliated with our ride or provide a mascot for it. So I'm working on something for us Ohio Riders for our group rides.
That sounds good to me... maybe some day we can fly it along side the Mascot.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:51 AM
MSFLH
Cruiser

I think we need to get that back or maybe have one for each continent or something.

I was thinking along those lines when I posted my question, but since this is an international forum for American motorcylces and we don't make the rules...

Old 05-08-2010, 03:18 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

That sounds good to me... maybe some day we can fly it along side the Mascot.
LOL, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride......

Old 06-17-2010, 12:22 PM
german ladyrider
Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts

I think it was a great idea that it "flew" seeing us....

Quick Reply: Mascot out of country?