HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

A change in plans for getting the Mascot

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:41 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts
Default A change in plans for getting the Mascot

Sad to say, due to changes beyond my control, I have had to cancel my European vacation for the holidays. It is a sad day for me because I was so looking forward to visiting my friends in Europe but sometimes things just don't work out like we plan them. Needless to say, I have been in contact with my friend Rene (fxd2003rider) and he has graciously accepted my apology for not being able to come over and get the Mascot. We have agreed between us to have him send it directly to me and I will pass it on when the weather and time permits me to do so. Again I apologize for the change in plans but the Mascot will be back on US soil sometime this month or in Janurary. If any further discussion about this is needed, feel free to let me know because I was the one that had to cancel not my friends in Europe.

Thanks for your understanding,
Gary/SPRINGER

Last edited by SPRINGER; 12-13-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:21 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

I'm almost sure there will be an occasion we will meet, Gary:either over here in Europe or Stateside.
We visited Florida Dec-Jan 1995-´96 and still have that dream to make another trip on which I can ride the Tail of the Dragon and make tour in the West coast States....

I will pack & ship the Mascot to your address this week. I'm sure some members like thedonthere, ackman1968 and JaronB are willing to arrange a meet with you!

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 12-12-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:06 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
Sad to say, due to changes beyond my control, I have had to cancel my European vacation for the holidays. It is a sad day for me because I was so looking forward to visiting my friends in Europe but sometimes things just don't work out like we plan them. Needless to say, I have been in contact with my friend Rene (fxd2003rider) and he has graciously accepted my apology for not being able to come over and get the Mascot. We have agreed between us to have him send it directly to me and I will pass it on when the weather and time permits me to do so. Again I apologize for the change in plans but the Mascot will be back on US soil sometime this month or in Janurary. If any further discussion about this is needed, feel free to let me know because I was the one that had to cancel not my friends in Europe.

Thanks for your understanding,
Gary/SPRINGER
Similar to what happened to me just prior to the mascot going overseas. When my big trip west was cancelled by other people I tried to arrange with other riders to move it eastward but before I could get it done the mascot was sent to europe. When I voiced displeasure I immediately began receiving some real shitty pms from a member telling me how I was doing everything wrong, blah blah blah and I should just shut up.

Terry was supposed to get hold of me when it returned to the US, but considering how it all transpired in addition to my summer of '11 already being planned out I told him I wasn't interested.

Since joining this site I have voiced my desire to be involved with the mascot but it just seems to fall on deaf ears. Guess I haven't been accepted into the 'crowd' here yet....have fun with the mascot.