Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

EFI engine light

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 06:15 PM
demonflame
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI engine light

I have a 200 ultra classic,sometimes it will start but after a couple minutes it will show the engine light and can here fuel injectors wining when i turn stearing bike will quit and i have no no engine light and will not start.If i push bike a little in gear it will start will run but engine light comes on and goes off bike is running till i turn handlebars to the left.new battery new viltage regulator and stator ran fine about a month now will cut out before i can ride.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:24 PM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

Are there any stored codes? Pushing it a bit then restarting could be Crank Position Sensor. But don't just start throwing pats into it. Make sure all connectors are tight and free from corrosion.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:29 PM
demonflame
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure how to check codes will check manual.The bike was in storage at local dealer yearly thing Had trouble with battery upon going to get bike i was told there was several thousand dollars of repairs .Had a storage fee of five hundred usually spend that on inspection and oil change have done this since 2003.this time they got me for $ 2,200 stator voltage regulator battery bleed brakes ,oil change plenty of other problems but I had no choice had to pay to get bike !I have been taken by a shop that i have used for years.Bike ran fine till a week ago the engine lite would flicker and go out. than it would die out and would not start checked start switch all good battery good and voltage to battery good fuses not blown.I now do the repairs my self but am home garage mechanic can read manuals but cant figure this out . will consult manual on the crank sensor thanks. The dealer wants bike brought back but don't trust them say it is electrical system could this be something they replaced . Thanks for the help just found this site and will be using and reading often

Old 05-28-2015, 08:34 PM
r136dg
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you say won't start, does the starter crank but engine won't kick over?That's your fuel pump you hear whinning. Try removing your gas cap, shine some light inside your tank & turn your ignition switch on. While you hear the pump, can you see fuel kicking around or any tell tale signs of a leak?
With the limited info, that's where you may want to start. Loss of fuel pressure??? And check all connections as stated.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:53 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 622 Posts

You may very well have a broken wire that runs along the backbone. Check the one that goes through the P Clamp on the right side in front of the tank. If not, you will have to pull the tank. Tell tale for this is start bike and turn bars lock to lock and it will usually illuminate a CEL and/or stall.