Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Harley orange performance tuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 06:58 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Harley orange performance tuner

Theres a guy local, who has 2 new in package orange tuners, the ones they took off market, he said there the best tuners out there/ is this true, also 465$$seems high, but he has 2 so he can ask what he wants i suppose...lol...what do you guys think? Go for it?, is it also useer friendly?thanks...

Old 08-30-2017, 08:25 PM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 278 Likes on 197 Posts

If it's the pro tuner, it's not a bad tuner. Certainly not the best but not the worst either. $465 was the retail price for the tuner. I'd go for a TTS or Power Vision first.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:12 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts

IIRC there have been three H-D tuners, the SERT or Screamin Eagle Race Tuner, SEPST or SE Pro Super Tuner, and SE Street Tuner. Do an internet search to check which of those are what you are referring to. There are other tuner brands available and you can find more in this section about what is available.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:13 AM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 278 Likes on 197 Posts

He said it is the orange one that they took off the market. That eliminates all but the pro tuner---hence my answer.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:43 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jbarr1
He said it is the orange one that they took off the market. That eliminates all but the pro tuner---hence my answer.
Fair enough!

Old 08-31-2017, 04:48 PM
eichacsj
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I do not think they are as user friendly in auto tuning. They are all good and do the same things. I can tell you why I bought the HD tuner, that is because they write directly to the ECM. Others set in-line and fake out the ECM.

But set up correctly all of them will get you what you want.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:38 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by jbarr1
If it's the pro tuner, it's not a bad tuner. Certainly not the best but not the worst either. $465 was the retail price for the tuner. I'd go for a TTS or Power Vision first.
so don't run and go grab this pro tuner? I like to play as well, I want a tuner, that will constantly tune as the weather .elevation, etc changes are made, a tuner that can tune on the fly, as a dyne can make a great tune that day, but 2 weeks later when its 90 degrees outside and humid as hell, I want a tuner, that will adjust settings, to get at original tune that was setup? does that narrow things down? I liked the thundermax tuner, the one that replaces them eco, but than I read on problems a lot of people seemed to be having...,so I'm kinda stuck, I can get any tuner, just not sure how many will perform as stated? thanks guys

Old 08-31-2017, 05:39 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by eichacsj
I do not think they are as user friendly in auto tuning. They are all good and do the same things. I can tell you why I bought the HD tuner, that is because they write directly to the ECM. Others set in-line and fake out the ECM.

But set up correctly all of them will get you what you want.
whats the difference from writing the tuner, and tricking it, same results no?

Old 09-01-2017, 10:52 AM
eichacsj
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
whats the difference from writing the tuner, and tricking it, same results no?
Totally agree that is what I was trying to convey. Me, I am a roots guy I do not like to trick things. Even in my IT world I go to the root code and modify, I do not write code to trick previous code. Just me.

The following users liked this post:
TOMMYBLAZIN (09-05-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 11:05 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 602 Likes on 416 Posts

Facts with SEPST:
No longer available.
Never provided customer service or tech support.
Does less and not as well as other tuners (i.e.: TTS) on the market.

I see absolutely NO advantage or benefit to buying obsolete products for retail prices when there are other solutions available for less money and great customer/tech support.
Bob

Quick Reply: Harley orange performance tuner