Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Screamin' Eagle Smart Tune PRO Automatic Tuning Module

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 10:36 AM
Streetbobber17
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Screamin' Eagle Smart Tune PRO Automatic Tuning Module

Hey everybody, I am new to this forum.
I have been looking for a forum like this, when google cant help me anymore.

I have a 17` Low Rider S 110, with the stage 4 117 kit.
Running the super tuner software with stock nb o2 sensors and open loop.

Closed loop only allows afr 14,6.
Will this new kit; Screamin' Eagle Smart Tune PRO Automatic Tuning Module
allow me to give me; say 13,5 afr in closed loop?
Will the super tuner recognize this controller and bald out the closed loop?

Thanks

Old 09-27-2017, 09:35 PM
Chief Silverback
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The super tuner does work with atm and maintains all functionality. I've been running it on my 16' SGS with stageV 110 with no issue.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Streetbobber17
6th Gear

Well, I connected this super duper atm to this bike.
2017 Low Rider S with stage 4. Did not work at all. Picked wideband sensor in meny, but only thing happens is a bike running **** and constant error code on both my o2 sensors.

Supposed to be plug N play??

Tried the updated map to, same issue.
Could it be cause i have a pro super tuner Not street tuner?

Old 10-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Chief Silverback
Intermediate

I'm running the super tuner and not the pro tuner also and it's definitely plug & play. If the ECM is not recognizing your wide band 02 sensors I would start there. Make sure they are attached properly and secured to the head pipes (I'm running Rinehart TD's). I would then make sure the connectors that link the ATM to the 02 sensors are properly secured. Final step would be to verify you are running the latest calibration (last 2 digits should be 05) of the wide band map for your configuration. When you open the super tuner software it should alert you to this mandatory update and inform you that you must copy and paste any of the data from your calibrations that end in 04 into the new calibration that ends in 05. What I had to do is load the new 05 map calibration to the ECM. Once I did that I pulled the file that I just loaded to the ECM and merged data values from the last version of the 04 calibration and then flashed that version to the ECM. Not to state the obvious but If your error code is being thrown by the 02 sensors that's where your issue is. Hope this helps

Last edited by Chief Silverback; 10-12-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Chief Silverback
Intermediate

Also make sure you are running the map calibration that says "Auto tune Module" on

Old 10-13-2017, 12:41 AM
Streetbobber17
6th Gear

Thanks for the reply. I have done all this.
When i enter toolbox, system info, it still says ECM Wideband Enabled : No.
Any way to active this?

Calibration id 621shdw03-00
Software 11.000

Originally Posted by Chief Silverback
I'm running the super tuner and not the pro tuner also and it's definitely plug & play. If the ECM is not recognizing your wide band 02 sensors I would start there. Make sure they are attached properly and secured to the head pipes (I'm running Rinehart TD's). I would then make sure the connectors that link the ATM to the 02 sensors are properly secured. Final step would be to verify you are running the latest calibration (last 2 digits should be 05) of the wide band map for your configuration. When you open the super tuner software it should alert you to this mandatory update and inform you that you must copy and paste any of the data from your calibrations that end in 04 into the new calibration that ends in 05. What I had to do is load the new 05 map calibration to the ECM. Once I did that I pulled the file that I just loaded to the ECM and merged data values from the last version of the 04 calibration and then flashed that version to the ECM. Not to state the obvious but If your error code is being thrown by the 02 sensors that's where your issue is. Hope this helps

Old 10-13-2017, 12:41 AM
Streetbobber17
6th Gear

Thanks for the reply. I have done all this.
When i enter toolbox, system info, it still says ECM Wideband Enabled : No.
Any way to active this?

Calibration id 621shdw03-00
Software 11.000

Old 10-13-2017, 07:24 PM
Chief Silverback
Intermediate

That map number matches. You did disconnect the NB's from the ECM and connect the WB's from ATM to the ECM correct?

Old 10-14-2017, 01:53 AM
Streetbobber17
6th Gear

That map number matches. You did disconnect the NB's from the ECM and connect the WB's from ATM to the ECM correct?
Yes, its all connected correct, Just plug & play. I took everything off and returnere the kit to the dealer. Could be a faulty controller or the fact that my head pipes are bassani and not oem harley they said.

Rear sensor working like it should, but front did not regulate at all, steady volt all the time. Tried switching location on front & rear sensor, still the same error code on front sensor.

Spending hours trying to fix a problem that actually is hardware problems. Just seen another bike, and it was plug & play on that one too with the tuner.

​​​

Old 10-14-2017, 11:38 AM
Chief Silverback
Intermediate

Not sure if it would be the brand of headers but it well could be. As I said I'm not running HD SE headers I'm running Rineharts. If all things check out I'd try to return it as it does seem like some type of hardware malfunction. I'm sorry about troubles glad you kinda got it figured out.

Quick Reply: Screamin' Eagle Smart Tune PRO Automatic Tuning Module