Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help understanding Sert map....

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 08:41 PM
jrudicel
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help understanding Sert map....

I finally got a copy of my Sert tune that was done at the dealer on the dyno. Actually I got 2 tunes...I guess there was the first one he played with and edited...then the final one thats in my bike after some more tweaking to take some spikes out.
My question is... Is there anyone on here thats "in the know" enough to look at the map and tell me what they think and educate me slightly...or make some suggestions if any?I have been reading the manual but am still slightly lost.
Bike is a 2006 Streetglide, 25 degree injectors, AN Big Sucker air cleaner and Rinehart true duals. Bike dyno'd well at 77.5 hp and 82 torque. Still seems to run warm to me, occassionaly hicups through the AC, and has a slight pop pop in decel..but not loud, just slight. Others on here told me I was still on the lean side in some areas from looking at the graph...? Curious if anything stands out to anybody or if I ought to richen it up slightly across the board?
Anyways, anyone wanting the map and / or wanting to comapre the map for me, email me at jrudicel@hotmail.com or pm me your email and I will send you the map as I dont know how to put it on here for everyone to see. My dyno graph is at http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u.../06SG_Dyno.jpg
Thanks guys. If I ever sell these Rineharts I will need a retune for a Fatcat, but for now I am still with this map and the Rineharts...

Old 06-22-2007, 06:55 AM
jrudicel
Road Captain
Default RE: Help understanding Sert map....

Guess no one is using a SERT with Rineharts and a Big Sucker on a 06 Touring that can give it a look and compare to theirs? lol

Old 06-22-2007, 08:27 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master

I'm certainly not educated in SERT tuning but yours looks a little lean up to 2500 rpm.
I've attached a copy of my map for opinions. I've got Rush slip-ons & SE AC. The "before" map was just with the O2 Bias maxed out. The "after" map is after the dyno tuning. Now the bike runs great and the engine much cooler, everything I had hoped it would be when I bought it. No pinging (spark retard activity is less than 1% on both cylinders) and just a little decel pop on a hot day.I was toldon this forum after posting the map that it was a poor tuning job though. My map has "torque smoothing" of "3", your has "2". I'm not sure what the difference is.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like your tuner did the tune in 100% throttle position only....there are only 6 runs from start to finish. It takes me 60 to 70 runs on a average to complete a a SERT map.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:33 PM
jrudicel
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Doc 1

Looks like your tuner did the tune in 100% throttle position only....there are only 6 runs from start to finish. It takes me 60 to 70 runs on a average to complete a a SERT map.
Interesting.... Guess thats why it only took an hour to do huh? Seems like my numbers are good though right? But I guess that also means the map can ge improved too? Since I have this copy of the map, would that help save some time for the next tuner since it would be a starting point? Thats why I was looking into trying to fatten it up here and there myself but it kinda looks intimidating! lol Thanks for the input guys!

Old 06-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

The numbers are fine Jody but they come from 100% throttle....whats the bike doing at 5,10, 15, 20% throttle where it lives most of the time.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:28 PM
jrudicel
Road Captain

Ok..heres what I have learned as far as my tune goes. My runs were at 100% throttle and my map started as a Screamin Eagle slip on canned map that was altered. Looks as though they only added fuel in a few spots like at 100kpa .... no timing tables were changed and the VE tables were untouched. Fromwhat i gather, I am still lean in areas and who knows what it is doing at part throttle etc, how lean is the rear cylinder etc.
Now, since it doesnt appear that there are any great tuners around me,only mediocre ones that slightly alter a canned map,or none i have heard of with proven results at least, whats a guy to do? I figure most of the people who get tunes out there fall into this and dont really know what they get, so this isnt uncommon probably.
So, my question now is, has anyone used the maps from HDMAPS.COM? I noticed they have a few 06 FLH maps with Rineharts listed and looks like you can get one for 69.00 . Wondering if it would be better than what I have or do I need to take it to another state and find a good tuner?
Thanks again..

Old 06-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

There are a lot of holes in HDMaps...it's the way there done that leaves some spots that are not desirable but it's better than what you have now.
How far are you from American Harley Davidson inAnn Arbor Mi? I just trainedthe techs thereabout a month ago....there is a young man there by the name of Noah that can do you a good tune.
Good Luck