Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

FP3 - keep getting p1010 dtc

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 03:49 PM
Dieselsoftail
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

hasnt seemed to effect it so Ive been just dealing with it. did find a security code relearn I may try. Ill post a link when I trip over it again. Ive also been told to take the FP3 out after flashing and see if it goes away

Old 08-21-2018, 11:26 AM
zobell
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have the same issue p1010,along with check engine light, comes on @ start and lingers longer than before FP3 and goes out only to come back on a few seconds later,after a bit of throttles it goes off and seems to stay off until the next cold start.

Contacted V&H they sent a new map,same issue but recommend riding a full tank first ,so will see.

Very hard to contact Vance,took over 1.5 to talk online chat and flash ecm to them and get new map download back,crazy slow.

AT first I thought they just sent original oem flash,because it felt like before FP3,but did seem to improve over the afternoon ????only time and a full tank will tell.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:22 PM
MegaJohn
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

After flashing my ECM and performing auto-tune... then having this issue... I unplugged the FP3 unit. It does not need to be connected all the time. I've had no problems since... that was about two weeks ago.

Good Luck and Ride Safely!
John .

Old 08-21-2018, 01:38 PM
zobell
Intermediate

Yes, I did try unplugging fp3,as suggested in another comment here nothing still did the same .

Old 08-21-2018, 01:51 PM
MegaJohn
Cruiser

I hope you're able to resolve the issues you're experiencing... hopefully it'll be something simple in the end. Please share any solutions with the group so others can try the same thing.

For the cost and popularity of the product, you expect no issues... but I'm sure there are a lot of variables in the way folks have configured their rides and that can be problematic when working with computers.

Ride Safely!
John.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:55 PM
Dieselsoftail
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

All of a sudden this seems to no longer be happening. I dont know what happened but the light doesnt stay on anymore. I do still have it plugged in under the seat. never removed it.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:41 PM
zobell
Intermediate

That's good news for u ,gremlins ?Going to clear the code tomorrow see if it comes back.One thing if any one wants to comment.I installed a new ac @ the same time I received my fp3,its been flashed with the new ac,but it was like a three piece unit with gaskets,wonder if air is somehow getting in between gaskets( i checked it today everything tight) and causing an o2 sensor problem and triggering engine light?

Also anyone,V&H downloaded to my phone a new map after I sent them my ECM data 2 days ago,I flashed my bike light also remains,but do I have to keep fp3 plugged in,they said to run a full tank with this map,so does this new map have a autotune program included ,why run a full tank ? why would it change anything?

Old 08-21-2018, 07:46 PM
MegaJohn
Cruiser

Seems the instructions suggested running a tank on the 'canned map" then run with auto-tune.

You can auto-tune any map. While auto-tuning the engine won't run its best... not bad, but you might notice it idles a bit rough. After you flash the auto-tuned map, it'll idle better and you'll see the benefits of the auto-tune. After youre done auto-tuning, you can take the FP3 off... it doesn't need to be installed all the time... or you can leave it... your choice. It seems some (myself included) have received trouble codes if it's left on.

Good Luck and Ride Safely!
John.