Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TFI settings

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 04:28 AM
BLAZE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TFI settings

have a tfi on my 06 nightrain using the settings that came with it 3-3-4-4 its running way to rich just checked mileage on last tank and came in at 25 mpg and pipes extremely sooty
have just changed settings to 2.5-2.5-4-4 any body else offer some setting advice seems to run fine with theses setting but will have to recheck mpg

oh yeah have stage 1 download hypercharger and santee shooters

Old 02-16-2006, 07:01 AM
BLAZE
Cruiser
Default RE: TFI settings

just been out playing again have dropped the green down to 2 and cant really notice any difference in power and she isnt popping etc
so currently using 2- 2.5- 4- 4

so if 1 is the off position anything higher must be adding fuel is this right ?

Old 02-17-2006, 11:26 AM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look in the DYI forums for some really good info on TFI settings.
it's good to learn from others mistakes and experience - saves you from making your own and spending too much time doing it when you could be riding

Old 02-17-2006, 01:58 PM
myzen
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also check out the doebeck performance site www.techlusion.com they have a message board that will help you fine tune it. The TFI is a nice product, I had it on two bikes. I am now running the PCIII due to more adjustability. With the TFI it is a lot of trial and error. just carry a small screw driver with you and make adjustments.

To set the #1 pot turn it off to the number 1 position. Start your bike and turn the throttle to 1800 to 2000 rpm and hold it there. While keeping it at the specific idle turn the #1 pot until you hear a change in the idle. (it will run rough, smooth out, then rough again) once you get to the second rough spot turn it back 1/4 turn and that should be a pretty good setting. When I was running mine I actually had it set at 3.15/3/4/3.8

On the 4th Pot I had it come in just before 4000 rpm for that top end rush.

As said before it is trial and error.

Good Luck.

Mike

Old 02-17-2006, 02:30 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 148 Likes on 41 Posts

The suggested settings are a bit rich for most bikes. Set the green pot as suggested above at 1800 rpm's and find the sweet spot where it runs best, back this off to the low (lean) side just a bit. The accel pump #2 pot will kick the crap out of the mileage but it works well. It to can be backed off somewhat for mileage. The #3 pot, is the top end and can be set lower also as the fuel maps are usually rich in the upper ends more so than the lower ends and need less help there. The #4 pot (crossover) if you do a lot of high speed driving can be raised 1/2 number or so to keep the fuel off till a higher RPM

With the settings you are using it appears as you have the intake and exhaust also the download. You can back off on your settings and get good MPG with the TFI

I have mine set at 1--2 1/2-- 4 1/2 -- 4 down from the recommended 3-4-6-4 on a 95 inch with 203 cams and stage 2 download with intake too and I have gotten 47.7 MPG on the road and it runs real good. It's a matter trial and error.

so if 1 is the off position anything higher must be adding fuel is this right
Correct on pots 1 - 3. On the #4 going higher is off not lower. You turn off the crossover by going higher and do not let #3 cut in where ever it is set by doing this. If you care to check the #3 pot turn the #4 pot all the way up and you can see the adjustment the #3 pot makes by turning it while the engine is running.

Techlusion also has some great tech support, here's more info in the DIY https://www.hdforums.com/m_67610/tm.htm

Old 02-18-2006, 06:18 AM
BLAZE
Cruiser

Just repeorting back in
with the settings of 2.10 green 2.5 on yellow 4 on red and 4 on last pot
i have gone from 25 mpg to right on 40 mpg two up riding
thanks again for help

Old 02-25-2006, 01:57 PM
CycleDrider
Road Master

Just in case anyone needs some other variables. I just had 203 cams installed. My settings are with this configuration...

VH Big Radius / Thunder monster Baffles
SE Aircleaner kit with K&N replacement with Screaming Eagle cover.
DFO Settings... 1.5--3.0--3.0--4.0.

Bike runs great now. Don't have mileage just yet. Since I made the moves recently, need to get that info.