Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

06 RKC Just so lost ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 10:20 PM
big dawg
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 RKC Just so lost ??

Guys, I am new here so bare with me please, I have a 06 RKC with SE breather kit a stage 1 down load and SE slip on's . Ok now I have been reading and getting so lost , please help (LOL) . Am I correct that with the breather kit and stage 1 down load I am ok to ride my bike and not worry about lean this and injected that ???? The bike does not stall or do anything when cold just starts on the 1st push, runs as smooth as a harley will , does not seem to have any issues. What am I looking for if the bike runs good ? Am I ok to ride this thing and if you were me ( lost and not sure what to add or what not to) what would you suggest so that I counter any items ( if any to be worried about) that might be waiting to mess up my riding time. I am not the type that is looking for huge changes to the bike , really I am a chrome guy not a speed type and quite happy with how the bike runs. I don't really care about more power just want to turn the key and go time after time but I am really lost reading all the posts and looking for some help .. .

Old 02-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 06 RKC Just so lost ??

If it's running good don't mess with it.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:28 AM
big dawg
2nd Gear

Thanks , you can understand how lost a guy can get reading all this (LOL) . as I read more and more I get the feeling my best bet might be to change the injectors to the larger ones along with a few other things ONLY when I am ready or if the bike starts showing me its too lean.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:33 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

You are one of the few lucky ones. With an 06 and an hd download if you are not popping, dying or backfiring then your bike is running great. Like Primo said, just ride it.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:38 AM
big dawg
2nd Gear

Let me ask you is there any time period where things might change based upon miles / time even if I have done nothing to the bike then what is done now ? I must say being its a new ride I find myself worried and just like every other person I am learning so I very much thank you for the advice and time.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Unbalanced
Cruiser

Big Dawg,

The real piece of mind would be to spend 50 bucks for a dyno run with a sniffer to ease your conscience that you're not lean or within spec. The stage1 download should be fine and your lucky you have no backfire or coughing many others arent so lucky.

Spending money on new injectors .. hrmm .... I had a 50 mm on my 124 with stock 88 injectors 4.35 gm/sec and the bike ran fine and it is a 139tq 137 hp. The bike now has a 54mm with those same injectors on it and still runs great. Its just something else they are trying to sell you. Get a dyno and enjoy the ride.

Piece of mind is priceless, seems like a little dose for 50 bucks would be good for you

-harry

Old 02-17-2006, 12:57 PM
big dawg
2nd Gear

Thanks guys all a great help. just went to my local shop and spoke with the head guy there he told me that with what I am running I should have no issue wne I start to leave the 88 behind and really build , add and alter things I will then need to worry about items but for now I should be ok. He said as long as the bike is not acting up your ok so I feel a lot better now ! .. What a great site this is I am learning and enjoying !!!!