Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

aussie vs usa

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 11:03 AM
simon
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aussie vs usa

trying to find out if there are differences between the usa domestic models you guys have and the international australian models we get..was wondering if theres a big difference in the electronics/ downloads and original set ups...lot of guys in usa from reading these forums seem to have a problem with 06 on cold start up and epa regulations..left my bike for 7 days and started first crank.. checked the injectors on my bike vs the post on it -the model injectors on the post seem to be - N104A C01 27825 06 - but mine has slight difference - 2155A C01 27825 06 -is there perhaps a slight difference between injectors on an 88b to an 88 - softail vs others...perhaps numbers are different batch numbers...my dealer still cant get me a manual for a couple of weeks so I'm a bit in the dark...maybe the factory download in my bike is different in australia ..dont know how to check but when i got the bike i got screamin eagle slip ons and asked about a download and dealer said you dont need to do one and they dont have one anyway for pipes ...told me it will run fine and it hasn't missed a beat in 3600klm's...said they had a download for a/c if i bought that but not just for pipes...(getting sidetracked here)..i'm not interested in creating a horsepower monster just want to get the best outta what i got..whatever that is ..

Old 02-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: aussie vs usa

Yes there are differences as you have discovered, small external things like turn signals that do not normally operate as running lights etc. Then there are the less visible things like EFI and emission control stuff which is different because the stricter standards enforced in the US are not applied to international builds, cool huh?.

In your situation, you would probably get the best bang for the buck by getting the Stage I (a/c) done and that DOES require a download. Not sure about the dealers in Oz, but mine has their own special "kiwified" download for the "SE Pro IIs & Stage I" setup.