Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

tuning 05' SE Fat Boy

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 11:16 PM
bigwilly
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning 05' SE Fat Boy

Anyone use the Harley Pro Race Fueler. Any help and advice is appreciated. I was thinking about installing the S.E.R.T... All I added to the stock bike is the SE Pro slip on's. I am experiencing some lean pop.

Old 03-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Taildraggerdave
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: tuning 05' SE Fat Boy

If that is all you plan on doing, then I would (and did) go for the DFO/TFI unit. It costs less than 200.00 and you can install it yourself in under a half hour. No computer necessary. And the best part is, actually 2 best parts. First, if it fails, the bike keeps running as all this unit does is tell your injectors to stay open a little longer. Second, if you need to take the bike in for any major warranty work, remove this unit in a half an hour and the dealership will never know it was installed on your bike. I think we get a 7 year warranty with these CVO bikes or something like that. I even saved the factory mufflers to put back on if I ever have to go back in for major warranty work.

There are so many options to richen your fuel curve and there are groups of guys that swear by their favorite one, but I think this is the best route if all you plan to do is some slip-ons or a complete exhaust system.

By the way, nice bike

Good luck.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:00 AM
bigwilly
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man, I was thinking it was the right wat to go.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:18 AM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I run both the TFI and SERT. You can't beat the simplicity of the TFI unit for the dough and they have good tech support and are EASY to setup They are cheap on E-bay or at eastern performance.

SERT makes your head spin with all the tuning options but it is one powerful 'mother'. I'm getting to know it very well more for educational purposes because tuning these bikes will be based on this technnology from here on out. Might as well learn it now.