Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Getting 25 degree injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:27 PM
maxhp68
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting 25 degree injectors

Help! I have been to four HD dealers. They are telling me that, since I had the junk stage 1 download when my slip ons and air cleaner where installed, I don't need the new injectors. They just want to sell me another download or the SERT to make it better. I keep getting the same little speech " The 25 injectors fix are for a all stock bike that starts badly". Although I'm not having a starting problem, a short ride around the block and the splitting from the air cleaner is evidence of the lean condition. Should I give up on the dealerships and buy the injectors myself and install them. If I do, will buying a PCIII allow to adjust it to my needs? Thanks, Maxhp68..... 2006 FXST

Old 03-25-2006, 06:29 PM
BigGeorge
Road Captain
Default RE: Getting 25 degree injectors

maxhp68, scroll down to my post " Here we go again". I went thru the same BS with the dealers I spoke with and got the same answer as you. From what I understand the " junk stage1 download" does nothing but raise the rev limit on the "06" bikes to 6200 rpm. It does nothing to add more fuel so you are now actually running leaner than stock, thus your spitting out the air cleaner. If you decide to change the injectors yourself you might be voiding the warranty should you have a problem down the road. You can probably get rid of the lean condition by installing a PCIII but there have been some cold start issues that seem to be croping up that were not there before installing the PCIII. These are all problems that seem to be "06" bike related. Then there are some who have "06" bikes with the 8* injectors and are having none of the above problems. Some dealers are willing to swap out the injectors with no questions asked. Others just want to explain it away. There seems to be no simple solution at this time.................BG

Old 03-25-2006, 09:08 PM
maxhp68
Advanced

Thanks BigGeorge. At least now I know I'm not the only one getting the run around. Makes me wonder if the warrant is worth worrying about. If I do have a real big problem, am I going to have to take care of it myself too? I just got this feeling that somewhere out there, has got to be a good dealership..... Guess I'll keep looking.... Thanks , Maxhp68

Old 03-25-2006, 11:23 PM
bigwilly
1st Gear

why not try the HD Pro EFI Fueler?

Old 03-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Luck Dragon
Intermediate

Just picked up my bike from the dealer. Had Super sucker, Super Trapp slip-ons, power commander and dyno. Told service writer iI want the new injectors installed, had minor stalling issues and a few minor back fires. No problem cold starts. I told them if they would not do under warranty I wanted it done before dyno. parts $91.00 each + 1 hour labor. My dealer has only done a few of these, one the service managers bike. New injectors were installed by dealer, no cost, bike runs great, big increase in mid range power. New numbers hp 78 tor 77.5.

2006 Ultra (8/05)
Ness Super Sucker (K&N)
Super Trapp slip-ons
Power Commander
25' injectors

Old 03-25-2006, 11:58 PM
Nomad2day
Cruiser

Although I'm not having a starting problem, a short ride around the block and the splitting from the air cleaner is evidence of the lean condition.
maxhp68,
I was speaking to someone about the 06 starting problems and injector swap and the comment was made that spitting from the air cleaner was indictive of a rich condition and spitting and popping from the exhaust was due to a lean condition. Perhaps someone can tell me if that was correct.

I have a 06 and have had the 25 degree injectors installed and have popping when I get out or off the gas. I have the Harley download SE air cleaner and SE slip ons. They did not download anything new when the injectors were changed out. It fires up now and does not stall or fall on it face anymore. I had a PCIII usb but sent it back due to a slow starting condition with it connected. I will be putting a SERT on in the future.
Neil

Old 03-26-2006, 01:55 PM
maxhp68
Advanced

Nomad2day, This is my first fuel injected bike. I have a 2000 FXST that I installed long shots and se cleaner on. When I was rejetting it, I noticed spitting out the air cleaner, when I was giving it some throttle. The bigger the jet the less spitting until it was completely gone. The only time I have had a bike pop out the exhaust, was when the needle got stuck on the wife's 1200 sport. I don't know if it always works like that, but thats what I have noticed.
Thanks for the input. I was wondering, if just installing the injectors would fix the problem.
......Thanks ...Maxhp68

Old 03-26-2006, 02:08 PM
maxhp68
Advanced

Thanks for all the help everyone.
........................Maxhp68................... ...

Old 03-26-2006, 03:21 PM
BigGeorge
Road Captain

Neil, I agree with maxhp68. Before owning my "06" injected street glide I had a carbed fat boy. I had "spitting" out of the air cleaner when I gave it throttle and "poping and crackling" out the exhaust when I decelerated, but if I pulled the choke **** out just a little the spitting, popping and crackling would completely stop. I sold the fatboy before I had a chance to play around with rejetting it..........BG