Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Owner Install Results...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:11 PM
yso191
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old Fart,

I'm trying to work through the TTST I just got. How did you strap the laptop to your bike for recording? Any issues there? How fast is your laptop?

Steve

Old 11-10-2008, 11:36 PM
cts1950
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yso191
Old Fart,

I'm trying to work through the TTST I just got. How did you strap the laptop to your bike for recording? Any issues there? How fast is your laptop?

Steve
I put my laptop in the tour pak on top of a pillow. I would think you could put it into a backpack and wear it if you do not have a bagger. My lap top is ancient it has a 400 MHz amd processor and windows me. It had no problems recording the data-master and v tune data.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Old Fart
4th Gear

Originally Posted by yso191
Old Fart,

Steve
Steve
Good ques. At first that was an issue. I actually did some test runs with just the slip-ons before I got the SE A/C installed. I decided the best way was two bungee cords crisscrossed over the laptop (with the cables & MT interface under the bungees too) on the back seat. I put the computer top side down to keep the bottom vents uncovered. My first choice was the saddle bags but I think it over heated once in the saddle bag, even with the lid slightly popped open on one side. Also in the saddle bag required devising some foam rubber to keep it from bouncing around without covering the air vents. I was a little nervous at first running around with my prized laptop strapped on the back seat, but after a while it became a non-issued. And it is easier to access versus in the saddle bag.
When you finished collecting data you need to save the DataMaster run file before shutting off you engine or the computer could lock up. I never tested this advice.
The laptop is a Dell insprion 1420 with a T7250@ 2.0 GHz and 3 gigs of ram running Vista home premium.
Ron

Old 11-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,449 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Glad everyone is liking the product and finding that it's not all that hard to use. As far as a laptop it does not take anything fancy at all so pretty much anything that will run Windows 98 and newer will do the trick. Minimum Specifications can be found in the Help file for it. I've run both with the laptop on the rear of the seat and in the saddle bag with no issues, so it's really up to you. My rear seat hook up is pretty simple. I had a piece of cloth that I used to hold an extra helmet on the rear so I just started with useing that but found it was the wrong size so a buddy wife made me a new one that fits my laptop. It's just two bungee cords sewn into the cloth that I put over the laptop and hook to the rear fender support.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:29 AM
rsofa
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
Yes. In fact, the HELP files suggests the stock ECM settings be copied and saved in case they need to be reloaded...easy to do and takes about 90 seconds.

According to what I'm reading in the File Listing, there are a couple of maps to consider for the '08 Drive By Wire touring models. Asking TTS directly might lead you to the right one much faster then I could.

I got mine from board member Doc. TTS lists the single bike program for $425 (see note below). Doc may still discount to board members...contact him for latest info.

The kit consisted of the mini-CD and interface. The CD contains the MasterTune, DataMaster, VTune, and Software Updater programs.

Note: if you don't have the cables (serial or USB), you'll need to purchase those as well.

Hope that helps!
Thanks Pine Tree the wife bought this and the SE AC and
V&H slipons for me for Christmas can't wait to get them installed!!

Old 12-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by rsofa
Thanks Pine Tree the wife bought this and the SE AC and V&H slipons for me for Christmas can't wait to get them installed!!

Load the program to your PC, update the files, then read through the HELP files.

Remember to make a copy of the factory map in your ECM and save it before any changes are made (once the PC is connected to the bike, this takes only about 90 seconds).

Good luck!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 02:56 PM
rsofa
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
Load the program to your PC, update the files, then read through the HELP files.

Remember to make a copy of the factory map in your ECM and save it before any changes are made (once the PC is connected to the bike, this takes only about 90 seconds).

Good luck!!!
I will ask the dealer to save me a copy she paid them to install and dyno it so I will get everything after it's done...Need to make sure I get everything I should back from them after they are done!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:24 PM
dboyd
Novice
Default TSS Master Tune

In the process of installing the master tune. What bias level do I set the front and rear cyl to use the data master and do I leave the settings . Read book and I only says to put the afr and pe back to original

Old 11-25-2009, 05:42 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyd
In the process of installing the master tune. What bias level do I set the front and rear cyl to use the data master and do I leave the settings . Read book and I only says to put the afr and pe back to original
You can leave bias settings as indicated in the new map or set your own. Leave the levels the same during the vtune's and final map.

FWIW, I've adjusted mine slightly richer and really didn't see any difference except using a bit more gas. So, I just put them back to what was suggested in the new map to begin with.

Hope that helps!