Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 02:10 PM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Hey guys...

I know is looks like I'm a post ***** here but I sit at a computer all day. There are many of you that know tons more than I do about the TTS and tuning. Sure would appreciate hearing from you.

Hey Wiz, I haven't looked at this thread in awhile but noticed your comment about the knock retard and using stock plugs/wires. Couldn't help but think you were talking about my experience last year. If I ever change from stock again I'm just going to turn off the knock retard and live with the consequences.

Also, about the O2 sensors. Have you ever checked the Fullsac pipe to make sure the depth is correct? When I had this off last year I would have sworn the sensors were barely into the stream. Definitely not 3/8" into it anyway.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,037 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by uscanuck
Hey Wiz, I haven't looked at this thread in awhile but noticed your comment about the knock retard and using stock plugs/wires. Couldn't help but think you were talking about my experience last year. If I ever change from stock again I'm just going to turn off the knock retard and live with the consequences.

Also, about the O2 sensors. Have you ever checked the Fullsac pipe to make sure the depth is correct? When I had this off last year I would have sworn the sensors were barely into the stream. Definitely not 3/8" into it anyway.
Yes, I have the fullsac x pipe on my SESG. I did measure the length. They were exactly the same depth as the stock pipe. The smaller sensor doesn't need to be in as deep as the larger sensor where the louvers on the end of the sensor are the most important. I have RH TD's on the trike pictured below and they were a mess but used the 07 sensor. My x pipe uses 2010 sensor.

There are many here that send me this file or that file. Knock retard or should I say, excessive knock retard has come up many times. The majority of the bikes had aftermarket plugs or wires or both.

You can adjust your knock retard settings to keep it from reducing so much timing but I would not run with it turned off. You never know when you may get a bad tank of fuel ya know.

It's been a while... hope you are well.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,025 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Before you start to retune. Please check your 02 sensor depth and angle. You need a minimum of 3/8" in the exhaust stream. ....caused me long hours of tuning lost.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 AM
joefriday
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, going to tune my bike again myself after a shop did it and now it seems i get poor gas millage and lack of power on the top end.
Im thinkin of starting with CTD009-03 AO. MT8. I have true duals and an after market air cleaner. Race Exhaust, would that be for my duals? 2010 ultra classic. Also my plan was to find an open road, go through each gear, first run 1st gear all throttle positions 2nd run same thing and so on.

Joe

Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

yes true duals are considered a race exhaust for setting base cals.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:56 PM
ksblender
Advanced

Before you start to retune. Please check your 02 sensor depth and angle. You need a minimum of 3/8" in the exhaust stream. My 07 Rinehart TD's were a mess which caused me long hours of tuning lost.
Mr Wizard, I have an 08 Ultra with D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 pipes. To your knowledge, is there a bung issue with these pipes. I seem to remember reading somewhere that they had early problems but D & D addressed them. I did several tuning runs with the new mt8 maps and got really clean VE tables after 3 or 4 runs.

Only thing I really have a problem with is on take-off once bike is heated up. This thing is a pig off the line but runs really strong once I get rolling. You have any suggestions on the best way to address this?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by ksblender
Mr Wizard, I have an 08 Ultra with D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 pipes. To your knowledge, is there a bung issue with these pipes. I seem to remember reading somewhere that they had early problems but D & D addressed them. I did several tuning runs with the new mt8 maps and got really clean VE tables after 3 or 4 runs.

Only thing I really have a problem with is on take-off once bike is heated up. This thing is a pig off the line but runs really strong once I get rolling. You have any suggestions on the best way to address this?
Do you see the post above from Dawg?

He has the exact issue with the exact year and the exact pipe.

Dawg is now an expert on this subject, how to find and repair the issues on a temporary basis within the calibration and the procedure to get it fixed permanently.

You two should talk.

-wiz

Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 PM
ksblender
Advanced

Do you see the post above from Dawg?

He has the exact issue with the exact year and the exact pipe.

Dawg is now an expert on this subject, how to find and repair the issues on a temporary basis within the calibration and the procedure to get it fixed permanently.

You two should talk.

-wiz
Thanks Wiz. Does he have a post on this. I did a search but can't seem to find it. If not, I'll shoot him a pm.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

No post on it yet. He is neck deep into the resolution though.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Pastorius
Novice

I've got a question re the TTS Mastertune and the VTune software. I apologise in so much as I haven't made a great effort to get my head around the unit and the Harley system yet but can the auto tune facility be used to improve a standard map?

Peter

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information