Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 286 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by RicD13
Yes all done without O2 sensors. I followed Doc's guide. Just guessing Im doing thr right thing that is why i'm asking for help from the experts
It won't work without the 02 sensors. You need them to collect data.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
RicD13
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand it may not get all the data but the guide was written by Doc for bikes without O2 sensors

Old 09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
UltraPoppy
Cruiser

I understand it may not get all the data but the guide was written by Doc for bikes without O2 sensors
Do you have a link to this guide that was written by Doc? I have seen Doc's V tuning guide without a Dyno? Never seen his V tuning guide without O2 sensors? What data can be collected without O2 sensors that would help with the tuning process?
http://www.box.net/shared/p10ktr42tm VTuning Guide with out a Dyno

How is a V tune generated without O2 sensors?

From the TTS website: there is MT 8 files now also.

VTune is a Windows-based easy-to-use VE table tuning tool tailored specifically for use with 2006 and later Delphi-equipped Harley-Davidson® motorcycles that are equipped with O2 sensors.
VTune requires use of a TTS MT7 calibration and a VTune DM3 data recording and combines the two generating a new MT7 calibration file with an optimized VE Table.

Last edited by UltraPoppy; 09-12-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys quick couple of questions....I hooked up my TTS to my RK a few days ago. I have the Supertrapp SE slipons and a Big Sucker A/C. I ran it for a ride or without any tuner and yes you can tell that the bike leans out for sure....felt the heat around the right leg like I've never felt it before and it seemed to be really wanting more fuel. In any event I hooked up the TTS once I received the USB cable. First thing I did was save the Factory ECM calibration.

1) First question is....by running the bike without a tuner for that short time did the stock ECM calibration change trying to adjust for the A/C and pipes? So is the calibration I saved as it came from the factory or is it the "adjusted ECM" calibration??

2) I uploaded the CTC009-03 file. The bike starts easier and the heat is pretty much gone that I was experiencing when running without the TTS. That is the good news......on the flip side the headpipe still looks like it is turning a nice shade of blue and gold and I'm still getting a decel pop when bike is warm. When I looked at the settings of that calibration it looks like it is close if not the same as stock?

I understand that further tuning is needed to really dial the bike in as it is still running a bit rough but is it fine to run as is with the above mentioned map?

Thanks in advance

PD

Old 09-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
1) First question is....by running the bike without a tuner for that short time did the stock ECM calibration change trying to adjust for the A/C and pipes? So is the calibration I saved as it came from the factory or is it the "adjusted ECM" calibration??
Your stock HD map will be fine...any "adjustments" done by the ECM are not part of the "saved" stock calibration.

FWIW, each time you save a new TTS map to your bike, those "adjusted" values (AFV's) are reset and the bike will begin the learning process all over again.

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
2) I uploaded the CTC009-03 file. The bike starts easier and the heat is pretty much gone that I was experiencing when running without the TTS. That is the good news......on the flip side the headpipe still looks like it is turning a nice shade of blue and gold and I'm still getting a decel pop when bike is warm. When I looked at the settings of that calibration it looks like it is close if not the same as stock?
I'm curious how you were able to view the stock calibration numbers.

Most chrome pipes will discolor over time...faster if the exhaust is hotter.

Assuming you have no exhaust leaks, the decel pop should be tuned out as you vtune. If not, follow the guidelines in the TTS manual concerning the decel pop issue.

Good luck!

Old 09-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Pine

afa the stock map...isn't 14.6 standard for EPA? The map up loaded looked to be almost spot on in the open loop? I actually did not see the stock map just an observation but maybe off a bit

Old 09-15-2011, 07:29 AM
UltraPoppy
Cruiser

RicD13
Would still like the link to the guide written by Doc for tuning bikes without O2 sensors?

If no link, can you attach a pdf copy of it? I want to see if I can learn how to tune an engine using the Vtune feature on a bike without O2 sensors.

Thanks

Old 09-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 286 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraPoppy
RicD13
Would still like the link to the guide written by Doc for tuning bikes without O2 sensors?

If no link, can you attach a pdf copy of it? I want to see if I can learn how to tune an engine using the Vtune feature on a bike without O2 sensors.

Thanks
It can't be done. The guide is actually "Vtune without a dyno". Its too big to attach.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,037 Likes on 1,105 Posts

This is the only TTS manual Doc wrote that I'm aware of. It is a few years old but still holds good value. Some of the new software tweaks aren't mentioned.

http://www.box.net/shared/p10ktr42tm

Old 09-15-2011, 07:41 PM
RicD13
Advanced

Yes that is what I followed it does not mention any thing about o2 sensors. I will take your advice and detune it from what I have done . and put the PC back on untill I get the O2s. The only place I see some thin mentioned about not running O2s is in the disc that came with the TTS on page33 V1.3.1 Article 3.4.2 I know I read it some where of course old timers might have gotten in the way. After the week end I will remove the system and install the bungs and sensors. I there any thing esle I need to do to make this work? Thanks for not letting me blow my bike up.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information