Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 03:34 AM
kiwiharleyrider54
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
The TTS sofware will not allow a lambda calibration to be flashed to a AFR bike. It will ask if you've been dipping in the cook'n sherry.
You can take a table from a lambda file and make it work on a AFR file except for the actual lambda/ARF tables.

What are you up to?
Thanks Guys
When I got back to Australia the guy who bought my old FLHRC off me wanted me to do a new map for it and as its set up the same as the Classic that you guys helped me with in the States I thought I might be able to cheat , But no Luck thanks Guys LOL
Doc

Old 03-31-2014, 06:38 AM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

It doesn't matter if you start with an AC or not. There won't be that much difference in the tune. The ECM will adjust for it over time but if it were me... I would go ahead and install the AC then tune so as not to wait for the ECM adjustments.
Since I'm in no hurry I'm gonna see if I can work a trade with a friend. I have a brand new setup for a Dyna, ordered the wrong one, maybe I can save some money.
I don't see me buying a Dyna any time soon.

Last edited by 98Ultra; 03-31-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:46 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by jamiegiroir@gmail.com
how do you pull the tuneup out of your bike I tried to save the tune out of my bike and it tells me that mastertune cannot read the file. laptop crashed and I don't have the file anymore
Do you have the Blue TTS?

Your last flash and factory calibration are stored in the Blue TTS.

If you save a copy of the calibration that is in the ECM, Mastertune will not be able to read it. It will be a .MTE file. You need to view a .MT8

Old 03-31-2014, 12:20 PM
jamiegiroir@gmail.com
Novice

Do you have the Blue TTS?

Your last flash and factory calibration are stored in the Blue TTS.

If you save a copy of the calibration that is in the ECM, Mastertune will not be able to read it. It will be a .MTE file. You need to view a .MT8

I have the black box is there any way to get the tune

Old 03-31-2014, 12:30 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

I have the black box is there any way to get the tune
No sir

You will need to take the laptop hard drive to a tech to save the data. Unless you saved it to another device there is no other way.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:58 PM
jamiegiroir@gmail.com
Novice

No sir

You will need to take the laptop hard drive to a tech to save the data. Unless you saved it to another device there is no other way.

I'm just going to order a Thundermax and be done with it. I have a file on bluebox that was close to the end of my tuneup but i really like the corections that the thundermax can do on the fly. Is there no way to convert a mte to mt8

Old 04-01-2014, 01:03 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Thundermax? Nothing like jumping out of the skillet into the fire. Sounds like a little frustration has set in.

Why would you want to convert an mte file to mt8? Nothing in it will be close to being correct and totally useless

If you want plug and play and simple flash and go technology go get you a PowerVision

On a side note, TTS has for sometime offered a free repository to store your mte and mt8 files for safe keeping.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 04-01-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

I'm just going to order a Thundermax and be done with it. I have a file on bluebox that was close to the end of my tuneup but i really like the corections that the thundermax can do on the fly. Is there no way to convert a mte to mt8
Have you ever used a TMax? Then you know it takes computer interaction as well to save all the changes and populate a new calibration.

You said you have the black box, then you say you have a file on the blue box. If you really meant blue box then you can get the last flashed file.

If it is not the final calibration then you can take the .MTE and contact TTS. See if they will give you the tables. You can copy and paste the tables to a new calibration and flash it.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:33 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

you can also feel free to email me the mte file and I'll copy and paste the various tables that you can use with the mt8 back to you.

ultranutz at outlook dot com

Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 98Ultra
Figured the 044 would be better but was wondering why the overlap. Why not have just one and be done. It makes it more confusing.
It also seemed to have more choices before than the newer models have now. I don't see just; AC, Slip ons to chose from like I saw before when I did my 09.

I'm guessing the software has advanced that much that the start doesn't have to be that close as long as you don't select more than you have.
If so, maybe I should get my air filter before starting?
the one thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is in the tuning constants. the 009 file does not have the idle spark control gain and max that the 044 has. There are other differences as well that have progressed as the newer bikes come out.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information