Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Did I mess up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:34 PM
rjs1
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I mess up?

I just had my 1000 mile service performed on my stock, 08 custom. It seemed to run ok prior to the service but I also had nothing to compare it to. after the service, though, it seemed to run fantastic. the start up clunk was gone, no clunk on shifting, it ran smoother,seemed to run cooler and throttle response was much better. Well, at home waiting for me was a new set of xieds that I had ordered. I put them on and ran it for a couple of miles, came home, got paranoid, and took them off. its been a couple of days now and it does not run like it did just after the service. All of the typical noises have returned. I've read that there are ecm updates that address the above noises by slight timing adjustments. My receipt for service does not mention any ecm changes. my question is, could the tech have tweeked my computer for me out of the goodness of his heart and more importantly, could installing/uninstalling the xieds have erased those changes? Do I need a reflash of some sort? Again, the bike is stock. Thanks

Old 04-16-2009, 10:21 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,025 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by rjs1
my question is, could the tech have tweeked my computer for me out of the goodness of his heart and more importantly, could installing/uninstalling the xieds have erased those changes? Do I need a reflash of some sort? Again, the bike is stock. Thanks
Trust me, your computer was not tweeked on the 1k service and if it was (which it wasn't) it would be for cash, not out of the goodness of anybody's heart Why did you get paranoid after installing the IED's? just curious. They wouldn't have erased any ECM changes.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:18 AM
rjs1
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it was because there was a strong fuel odor when I parked it in my garage and that it was now too rich (although 13.8afr isn't too rich so I hear). Thought I'd be the only one out of hundreds if not thousands of satisfied customers to screw something up. I guess I should try them again, huh? Didn't notice any change regarding their intended purpose but didn't give them a fair shake either. Thanks for addressing this issue for me.