Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Turn signal inop and BUS ER with microtach

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:57 AM
Daehawc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal inop and BUS ER with microtach

A few weeks ago my bike tipped over to the left and the left turn signal switch stopped working. It will work with the hazards but wont activate the signal by itself. At the time I opened up the switch housing and saw a couple pinched wires from the turn signal which I straightened out and it came back for a few days. I finally got around to running the wires internal and cut out the damaged section and put a weatherproof butt connector on the wires. I also had to extend the three wires from the microtach to the speedo which I used two sets of the weatherproof but connectors and a little thicker wire I had. When it was all back together I would get a BUS ER and the speedo light would remain on after the alarm armed. when I cut the microtach wires the problem was solved. I had removed all my turn signals during this job since I plan on relocating them and using LED's. On the ride in the red key caution light was illuminated the whole ride but nothing seemed wrong with the bike. Also the left turn signal switch is still inop unless I press both for the hazards (i see the indicator flashing on the console since I dont have actual signals installed right now). Any advice?