Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Turn signal glitch driving me nuts

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:42 AM
BaggermanDave
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal glitch driving me nuts

Looking for some help from all the electrical gurus. My '05 EG Classic left turn signal comes on all by itself. Sometimes I cannot even cancel it out with the switch. The problem is intermittent as this randomly seems to happen. I changed bulbs thinking a filament may be the culprit, but that did not help. How difficult is it to change out the switch? Is there something else I can try or test? Any other ideas to correct the prob? All help is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:16 PM
BaggermanDave
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Followup

Okay, so I opened the switch, fairing, side cover, etc. Checked wiring and all seems to be fine. Continuity test on switch indicates it is okay. Disconnected and reconnected all plugs, etc. Rode about 40 miles and had no problem. Stopped for a bit and then proceeded to head home and the problem cropped back up. Man am I frustrated. Anyone have any suggestions?