Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 06:49 PM
iMAK79
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy New Year to all.

A question regarding tuning, do you think changing the tune will change the sound level of the exhausts?

Old 12-31-2013, 12:59 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,083 Likes on 3,485 Posts

Originally Posted by iMAK79
Happy New Year to all.

A question regarding tuning, do you think changing the tune will change the sound level of the exhausts?
If you change the timing much there will be a definite difference. Getting more fuel under acceleration will be a little louder than running lean also.
At least that has been my experience.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:18 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Throttle Control / Sensitivity

Been messing with PowerVision maps off and on for the past year on my bike. I'm the constant tinkerer. I my search for a little more responsive throttle I have worked on my timing tables and wound up finding one within this thread that has really helped with the bikes performance, at least as measured via the butt dyne.

Anyway, I've looked at maps from DynoJet, FuelMoto and S&S and all seem to use different "Throttle Gear Transition" some 3 some 6. But I've also see "Throttle Blade Control (Stage I)" and "Throttle Blade Control (Stage II). I understand you don't want the Drive By Wire to be TO sensitive but I'm wondering what some of y'all are running and possibly why you chose that setting and if it's helped in your quest for a little smother / faster throttle response.

I started reading this thread from the beginning when I first got my PowerVision and can't recall ever seeing this area of the map discussed.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Gozzie
Road Captain
Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts
Smile I hate winter

I miss this forum.
This is where I go first thing in the morning to see what's going on in bike world.
I miss the discussions.
It's winter time and it sucks. I want to play.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:05 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,690 Likes on 5,209 Posts

Friend of mine saw my power vision and likes the gauge options.
He has a 2009 RK sage 1 tuned with SERT. He is happy with the tune and has no reason to change it.
He wants to know can he put a Power vision on his with out effecting the tune and use the other function. I Have no idea ,it seems it should not make a difference.
Does anyone know for sure. Do worry about waste of money if you own a Motorcycle you get use to it. He not hurting for cash.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:30 PM
SpinnrUp
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Install it, hook it up to power and the ecm. Setup gauge styles and run it. No impact on tune unless he wants to change stuff.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:20 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SpinnrUp
Install it, hook it up to power and the ecm. Setup gauge styles and run it. No impact on tune unless he wants to change stuff.
thanks that is pretty much what I thought.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:08 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What You are "allluding" to...

Originally Posted by stailjim61
What I'm eluding to is simple.... However, one can't deny that it could be tuned much better by a pro. That's just reality.
Your assessment is accurate; however, may I repeat my original statement once more to clarify...
"For me, I found that adding the Pro tuner/WBs made a (significant) difference in my tune; and I ended up with a totally OL tune.
It runs better, smoother, cooler, more responsive, and averaged over 2400 miles right at 40MPG; including a lot of serious throttle thrashing while tuning and two up touring."

Regardless of either 'sniffing' or real dyno tuning, what I found in my experience is accurate as far as it goes; and to this point (final dyno tuning to come later this spring) just employing the DJ WB tuning, the results I reported above are what I experienced.

I did not state it was the best possible... just that what I have found this far.
Having gone through a couple of major rebuilds on the last two HDs with dyno tunes, I agree--there is no substitute. However, short of that being available to many, as you have attested previously, a very satisfactory result can be achieved using the PV as outlined and refined by several on this forum.

Cheers Jim... your assessments and comments are always welcome. JD...

Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

My experience with Power Vision. HD dealer installed it on y 2013 before it ever left the dealer. I was still laid up so they installed all the stuff I ordered for it free .
They flashed it with a canned map from Dynojet to match my AC and pipes.
Not my forst HD or 103 so I know how the thing should run. It was flawless.
I added the fuel Mot 2-1-2 headers at 2000 miles and re-flashed it wit Fuel motos map. Again painless and flawless.
reading up on it I saw there was so much more It could do. Mounted it and started playing with it. More reading I ran a few auto tunes. It took some messing around but ended up with a good run and a tune that increased Fuel mileage and still ran fine.
The power vision is a great tool it can be a simple flash and forget rt a great tool to experiment with. Simple or complicated depending on where you want to go. The other function it has allow you to display information you may want to see.
Power vision IMO is well worth the cash and time. I can ride with the best of you. Wrench on basic stuff any time . But a tuner for EFI bike I am not nor do I wish to be. The Power vision filled that knowledge/skill gap with a bit of home work and time.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:04 PM
FL450
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had pretty good luck with power vision on my 2012 Street Glide and thinking about adding the auto tune / wide band module. The idea of full time closed loop makes allot of sense, but most seem to be running narrow band. Any advice on the pro mode and wide band?

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread