Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 12:46 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4
Problem: Jamie, I seem to have run into a problem with the backup up and restore factory calibration. The first backup went fine. I went to the dealer and had the EITMS download installed into the bike. I backed up this calibration and when I went to edit it's the first backup no matter what I do. I can't get to the second or third load (we tried twice at the dealer). The ECM copy of factory calibration is always the first file and not the EITMS load. I can see all three backups on the Power Vision but for whatever reason I can't get to the second and third loads. Is this a bug? It seems to me the software in the Power Vision should store in the copy of factory file the last backup I performed. If this is not a bug how do I get to the calibration I need?
If you are having the dealer reflash calibrations and updates this can cause problems as they may be making changes not only to the calibration but to the operating system, this is essentially making unknown changes outside the Power Vision. If the dealer has reflashed with changes above and beyond the actual calibration itself (such as EITMS on an 07 bike) which could have made changes to the operating system this may cause issues with restoring your .STK as this has changed from the original "foundation". You will be able to resend your calibration and tune as normal, you just cannot swap the binaries back and forth using "restore stock"

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 06-09-2011, 12:49 PM
aclundwall
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
I just setup a version of the map from Fuel Moto to use with the AT wideband sensors. I plan to set everything up tomorrow and begin tuning. I started by doing 7 tuning runs with the stock O2 sensors to figure out the process.

To setup the map for wideband tuning, I have set all of the AFR values in the cruise range to 13.8, Disabled Accel Enrichment and Decel Enleanment, Disabled PE mode & EITMS. Is there anything else you guys are setting for wideband tuning?
The LogTuning guide also said to disable the adaptive controls. It didn't mention anything about accel enrichment or decel enleanment, so I left those as they were.

Last edited by aclundwall; 06-09-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:50 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by iclick
It hasn't been established that there is anything inherently wrong with the AT-100/PV combo just yet, but rather it just doesn't work on my bike at this time. There could be an issue with the bike or something unique to the year-model, so I wouldn't hesitate to experiment if the AT-100 and new cables are already installed. Let us know if it works. In my case the AT-100 hasn't been working for over three months, so maybe it has developed a problem. It worked in February when the PCV was pulled off the bike.

Also, has anyone been running the AT-100 with splitter and CAN cable to the PV with success? If so, please state year-model and any details you can.
We have not ran into any issues using the AT-100 and Y spitter in the installs and tuning we have done here. I have used both dual and single module units

Old 06-09-2011, 12:52 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by aclundwall
I have this arrangement, and I have gotten it working fine with my bike. I had an issue that I posted a couple days ago, where I wasn't getting any results using log tuner... but yesterday I discovered that I hadn't plugged the CAN cable firmly enough into the PV...the little clip wasn't securing it, and it came loose. Once I figured that out, all my problems went away.

My rig is as follows...2011 Dyna Super Glide Custom... PV with a newly purchased AT Pro kit...contains an AT module, CAN cable, two WB O2 sensors, and the splitter cable. Like I said, now that I have the bugs worked out, it seems to be working perfectly.

The only issues (beside the one stated) had to do with the instructions (or rather, the lack of instructions) with the AT kit... None are included, and the only written info that's included refers you to the PCV documentation on DJ's website... however, the AT module I have is different than what's shown on those directions... I have a single module with two sets of connections (one for each 02 sensor), whereas the website shows only a single set each on a pair of AT modules... But hooking it up still was easy enough. I only had to verify that the connections labeled "1" corresponded to the front cylinder.. nothing, anywhere, says that. Jamie cleared that up in an email.

Art
Glad you got this cleared up. Thank you for the update

Old 06-09-2011, 01:08 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by JustDennis
iclick

I haven't used my AT-100 yet with the power vision, so I will just wait until you get the bugs worked out. thanks for posting. I already have the cables from Jamie but wanted to try with the stock O2 sensors until I got the hang of it. Sounds like it was the right thing to wait.
There are no bugs that we have seen firsthand, I have used the Wideband AT extensively in many applications and in development long before the it was officially released, I also have the Auto Tune on my personal bike that I ride every day.

Here is a screenshot from a bike I was tuning last night, I used both the factory nbO2 sensors along with the AT-100 and as you can see I was able to log/sample and correct pretty much the entire VE table. This works absolutely awesome

Old 06-09-2011, 01:16 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by aclundwall
I've never seen anyone ask this before...maybe I'm the only one that doesn't know the answer, but I'm going to ask anyway....

The values of the VE table represent the volume of air moved by the engine... measured as a percentage of the engine's displacement...right? So, without any type of forced-air induction system (turbo, supercharger, RAM-air, etc.), how can those values be above 100%?

I realize that the values can be manipulated manually! But, as we use the logtuner and our 02 sensors to tune our engine, we're actually calibrating the VE tables for our specific engine...so even if we started with a map that had a bunch of values above 100%, wouldn't all these values decrease to some number less than that? On my engine, there are areas of the VE tables, especially for the rear cylinder, where the values are over 100, and aren't changing much.

These are areas where data IS being gathered... I obviously wouldn't expect changes in areas of the table where no data hits are recorded. And, the displacement of my engine is listed correctly in the Engine Displacement table.

It's not that I think something's wrong...I'm just trying to puzzle out the whole process so I understand it better.

Thanks,
Art
VE is a representation of the airflow model, the actual number in the calibration is simply used as a reference value. Theoretically even if the VE reference value is equal to actual VE you could easily go above 100% due to camshaft overlap and other factors such as exhaust scavenging. Hope this helps

Old 06-09-2011, 01:58 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
If you are having the dealer reflash calibrations and updates this can cause problems as they may be making changes not only to the calibration but to the operating system, this is essentially making unknown changes outside the Power Vision. If the dealer has reflashed with changes above and beyond the actual calibration itself (such as EITMS on an 07 bike) which could have made changes to the operating system this may cause issues with restoring your .STK as this has changed from the original "foundation". You will be able to resend your calibration and tune as normal, you just cannot swap the binaries back and forth using "restore stock"
Okay, I'm fine with that. How do I get EITMS on the bike? I had the ECM flashed per the instructions here and then backed that up. I can't get the EITMS tune to modify it anywhere. Bike is running fine with all the flashing back and forth, I just can not get EITMS turned on and I kind of need it. My build runs a bit on the hot side and I sit in traffic in Florida.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:24 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by FX4
Okay, I'm fine with that. How do I get EITMS on the bike? I had the ECM flashed per the instructions here and then backed that up. I can't get the EITMS tune to modify it anywhere. Bike is running fine with all the flashing back and forth, I just can not get EITMS turned on and I kind of need it. My build runs a bit on the hot side and I sit in traffic in Florida.
If they turned EITMS on, you should be able to flash your PV calibration with this enabled and it should work. 2007 was different than the rest of the years, I have not tried this

Old 06-09-2011, 08:23 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

After our phone call I got it. Thanks for the help Jamie. The calibration is a skip fire and not a shut off the rear cylinder. I don't think it helps that much.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:28 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm going to move the sub 1500 RPM AFR values to: 13.7 at 750 and 1000 RPMs, 13.9 at 1125, 14.00 at 1250 and see if that helps cool things down at idle.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread