Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 08:41 AM
adkg12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FUELMOTO -

I ran that tune and took a log yesterday as I was riding. I must say, I liked how "smooth" the idle felt once it warmed up. I logged some ping on the log, but I didnt hear any audibly. It could use some more pull in the 2500rpm around 40kpa, I am sure this is a good place to start. So I am currently using PV Log Tuner to "tune" things after logging and I am wondering, is this really a good enough tool for that? The off idle throttle response (blip) was pretty good on this one but as it warmed up, it became a little less "explosive" and seemed to have a noticeable lag. It didnt cutout or stutter, just not near as quick and snappy. Anyway, thanks for taking a look at my tune and offering your time and expert advice. I am attaching the log from yesterdays ride. I do wonder how much of an impact on the tunes accuracy the outside temps are. It was 36 degrees when I was riding, so I beg the question.
Thanks all the same..
Glen

Attached Files
File Type: csv
adkg12-V1.csv (1.00 MB, 80 views)
Old 12-03-2015, 01:28 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
Howdy ke5rbd,
Thanks for taking the time to post the tune, I wasn't expecting that. I had just wanted to see how a log compared to good tunes in MLV. I have the free trial version but don't know wth I'm doing/seeing yet. The small log size it caps doesn't tell me much.
However the tune you posted is for a 103ci and I have a 96ci. I forgot that I had turned off Adaptive and Closed loop once I was reasonably happy with it. I've attached the tune I'm using at the moment if you'd like to look at it and tweak it some. It took me a while to control Knock and Decel pop as neither DJ or FM had a starting tune for the S&S Power Tune Dual header when I started. So I mixed a combination of True Dual and 2-1-2 tunes to start with. Since this header isn't really either one. At first I thought the VE's were kinda low especially in the upper left quarter but AT always put them back there. Most of my smoothing / blending I kept within 2% change. And then richend up my AFR. Then worked the knock out of timing, Keeping a smooth flow. It/I get off the line pretty good and it pulls smooth all the way to 5500 even fully loaded with the wife and tour pak which is where I wanted/needed to. But if you think there's room for improvement I'd be happy to try it. And I'll be sure to post about it in the open forum.
Thanks, Smokey
The map was set for 96.7 cubic inch. Just didn't change it in the description. Since the 14.9 was outside the narrowband range it would go into open loop and not lean it out anyway. That was not an issue. Now if you had the TT it could have been an issue, but not likely as it is in a cruise area and the Ve was plenty rich there and the load is only 50 Kpa there.
I removed the map and feel sure you will get the help you need from all the experts.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:42 PM
scooterbum46
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Will have TargetTune, along with FM 2-1-2 headpipe , E-series mufflers and A/C as soon FedEx delivers the stuff. Will be getting a TT prepped map from FM to start and assume I'll go the TT Autotune process with the PV as I did on the other bikes I've had the PV (non-TT) on... All pretty standard. My question is:

If I want to go beyond the TT Autotune, is there any documentation in any of the DJ manuals on the next steps beyond just installing TT? I can't find anything. I figured it might be an addition to the PV manual, but I don't see any mention there and the TT installation manual pretty much is just that, how to put it on the bike..

Old 12-09-2015, 10:35 PM
Wmitz
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts

The tt module allows the wide band sensors to communicate with the ECM. So you can run the engine richer and still have the sensors working and adjustments made by the ECM, just like closed loop. The map I got with my pv/tt was set at .966 lambda or 14.2 afr. I talked to Jamie about about a few readings I wasn't sure of, and sent him a data log. When tuning or data logging make sure you use the tt/wideband sensors for the setup. I used the ECM for one data log and that lead to the some of the values being off. Jamie was great to talk to. The documentation for tt is a little vague, I read somewhere that there is a new manual coming out for it soon. As far as I understand you can do everything with pv/tt as you could with a regular pv, except copy files from one tune to another. Quite happy with the setup.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:33 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

How do you do a firmware reset? Will it affect the tunes/tables? My gauges are going blank intermittently and I already re-routed my cables 3 times...and now its routed under the tank so do not plan to route again. Thanks

Old 12-10-2015, 09:37 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts
Old 12-10-2015, 01:32 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Thanks UltraNutZ. I asked the same question before and got your procedures then, but wanted to find out if there were any updates to the procedures or if current updates would fix the problem.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:46 PM
adkg12
Cruiser
Default Understanding AFF, CLI, New VE, ETC

I searched the forums and havent had any real good luck with finding a better explanation or understanding some of the logged information found in a PV log...
Specifically the AFF, CLI, and NEW VE values.

So lets say my log show an AFF of 100.8 and a CLI of 100, is is saying I am lean in the block? And a VE of 89 and a new VE of 88, is that saying my VE in that block is too small?

I hope the question makes sense.. ! LOL

Also, I am trying to figure out what is causing an issue with throttle blip. When I blip, it cuts out, almost stalls...

I think this is a throttle blip in the log(see below):

I have no logged spark knock...I am aware of the leaned out VE blocks in the front of the VE tables..I actually LIKE decel rumble and a little pop...LOL

Just trying to get more knowledgeable here..
I am attaching the actual log and map (zipped).
thanks guys
Glen

Attached Files
File Type: csv
log0008.csv (328.2 KB, 83 views)
File Type: zip
ADKG12-V4_VE.AFR14.1.zip (13.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 12-10-2015, 10:21 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Your closed loop action is almost non existent. Your target AFR needs to be set to 14.6 almost everywhere to start the tuning process.

VE New = VE * CLI * AFF

Andy

Old 12-11-2015, 09:20 AM
adkg12
Cruiser

[QUOTE=whittlebeast;14651298]Your closed loop action is almost non existent. Your target AFR needs to be set to 14.6 almost everywhere to start the tuning process.

VE New = VE * CLI * AFF

Andy[/QUOTE

That really didnt answer my question.. but ok... I was trying to get a better understanding at reading the logs manually.
Thanks
Glen

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread