Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

harley race tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:17 PM
wildpig1
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harley race tuner

Need some info.. I have an 07 ultra, Vance & hines dresser duals w/oval slip ons, big sucker air system and a dealer installed techlusion system. The bike isgood, however a dyno tuner told me to get rid of the techlusion and go with the Harley race tuner system on the 07's. He claims to get better readings, even over a power commander that he intalls all day. Can anyone speak on the race tuner by HD.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: harley race tuner

It is a TOOL to Fine Tune your "Modified" configuration.....

All the while you will retain the ability of the o2's and the ADAPTIVE FUEL to constantly update, fine tune further and give greater flexibility to an already good EFI System.....

You also will have the ability to physically watch (Data Screens) ECM/Motor data to try to pinpoint errors, or faulty components.....

Most importantly, it GROWS with your bike..... In a year or so, you decide to do a big bore, you have the capabilities to go and install a BASE Map to get you started on tuning it in.....

Is it pricey... Depends on how you look at it.....

I see it as a TOOL, and therefore it is an INVESTMENT.....

Others will see it as a GO FASTER GOODIE......

Old 01-19-2007, 01:07 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

I have downloaded a SERT manual and was EXTREMELY intimidated by all the info.

Question SHBor anyone else)

If I just put SE II slip-ons, SE aircleaner, firstly, will I even NEED a flash for this onmy '07?

Second, if so and I add the SERT, is there just a MAP just forthis that I can load without having to jack with all the other stuff that the SERTis capable of? Meaning will I have to mess with the AFR table, VE front/rear cylinder table....yada...yada??? I just wanna load the map specific to my add-on's and be done with it......b/c

....HERE is a copy of the SERT manual for those interested.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:25 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

You can install an 07 SEAC/Muffler flash for 96" (Different PC, no library available at the moment, it is essentially what would be called a Stage I Race)...

If you do not install the Map, youradaptive fuel will be on the brink of maxing out its abilities.....

Do your bike a favor and install the map.....

The only change I would suggest to making, without having the ability to put it on an analyzer is to run your o2 bias voltages up to 768 mV.....

What that will do is when the ECM is looking for a quadrant in the lookup tables and it is targeted at 14.6 DESIRED AFR, the o2's will be switching at 768 mV, vice 470-600 mV, and thereby RICHENING up your riding/cruising zone.....

Old 01-19-2007, 01:52 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

You can install an 07 SEAC/Muffler flash for 96" (Different PC, no library available at the moment, it is essentially what would be called a Stage I Race)...

If you do not install the Map, youradaptive fuel will be on the brink of maxing out its abilities.....

The only change I would suggest to making, without having the ability to put it on an analyzer is to run your o2 bias voltages up to 768 mV.....

What that will do is when the ECM is looking for a quadrant in the lookup tables and it is targeted at 14.6 DESIRED AFR, the o2's will be switching at 768 mV, vice 470-600 mV, and thereby RICHENING up your riding/cruising zone.....
Anything else you recommend I change? My HD Stealership does not have a dyno and I'm VERY doubtful they know how to tune with the SERT. I could go to Mancuso's or Stubbs in Houston maybe, but Lake Charles is out of the question.

I was hoping to be able to flash the ECM myself.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:25 AM
johnny canuck
Road Captain

Shovelhead Bob.
Glad you are back. On a brand new 07 Ultra (zero mileage)with Ovals, SERTand Big Sucker Stage 1 I will request dealer to install map 78 (159PZ003) as my baseline until I can dyno it after the breakin is complete. This was concurred by O_S_E. He also made a point in saying to max out the bias tables and leave all the other tables alone . Is this what you are saying as well?
From your experience Bob, how much shop time am I looking atto change air cleaner, Ovals and install SERT with baseline map?
Thanks

Old 01-19-2007, 03:33 AM
cjuetten
Tourer
Default RE: Harley race tuner

ORIGINAL: wildpig1

Need some info..........techlusion and go with the Harley race tuner system on the 07's.
I see you're new here, It can be a tough crowd but there's someexcellent info here. Do a Searchon "SERT" (Screaming Eagle Race Tuner) LOTS of info. defiantly worth your time to read it.Outside the INTERNET as you mentioneditscommonly called"Race Tuner". On this forum its usually referred to as SERT, they are one and the same here.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:22 AM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: johnny canuck

Shovelhead Bob.
Glad you are back. On a brand new 07 Ultra (zero mileage)with Ovals, SERTand Big Sucker Stage 1 I will request dealer to install map 78 (159PZ003) as my baseline until I can dyno it after the breakin is complete. This was concurred by O_S_E. He also made a point in saying to max out the bias tables and leave all the other tables alone . Is this what you are saying as well?
From your experience Bob, how much shop time am I looking atto change air cleaner, Ovals and install SERT with baseline map?
Thanks
Do yourself a HUGE favor and invest in some simple tool and perhaps a manual. This bolt-on stuff you speak of is super easy to install.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:16 PM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

SHB,
Is there any disadvantage to setting the O2 bias voltages up to 768mv and leaving them set there? While this would improve crusing A/F ratios in closed loop operation, would this narrow the ECMs' ability to tune for driving conditions? Thanks.
David

Old 01-19-2007, 06:01 PM
07heritage
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: wildpig1

Can anyone speak on the race tuner by HD.
Hey wildpig1,

I agree with SHB.... it's pricey, but subtract the $$$ you'd be paying to have the flash done at a shop. You're gonna spend that much either way. IMHO it was well worth the investment.

Quick Reply: harley race tuner