J&M Motorcycle Audio Providing the industry's best motorcycle audio products for 32 years. If you have any questions for J&M, reach out directly to John here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade of my J&M system.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 01:41 PM
MrMetro
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Upgrade of my J&M system.

Hey John,

i purchased this kit late fall of 2018 (XXRK-350SP2-14SG).

I知 thinking of adding speakers into my lowers. I知 assuming I値l need to upgrade my amp to a 4 channel. I haven稚 even ridden my bike yet with the new system installed. Do you have any program where I can switch the amp for a 4 channel such as the one in this kit (XXRK-700SP4-14SG)?

i should have done this in the first place. Oh well. Your thoughts?

I live in the Toronto area and purchased the kit from Radio World.

Al

Old 03-29-2019, 05:05 AM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMetro
Hey John,

I知 thinking of adding speakers into my lowers. I知 assuming I値l need to upgrade my amp to a 4 channel. I haven稚 even ridden my bike yet with the new system installed. Do you have any program where I can switch the amp for a 4 channel such as the one in this kit (XXRK-700SP4-14SG)?

Al
I don稚 have an answer to your question but, I also bought he same kit you got and just wondering how does it sound compared to stock?

Old 03-30-2019, 10:17 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Mr Metro ,,,,

I will help you upgrade your amp to the 700w ROKKER 4-ch amp and add the rear saddlebag lids and speakers ,,,,,, (((saddlebag lid kit here https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail...HSBL-145X7-XXR ,,,,

get with me by email at john@jmcorp.com and we will work out the details on the amp upgrade etc ,,,,

Old 03-30-2019, 10:20 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Mac Daddy ,,,,,

our ROKKER XXR Extreme kits are a very significant upgrade from stock ,,,,, 100% plug-n-play and are tuned for the STOCK Harley radio flash ,,,,

latest video on these exciting new systems is shown here

Old 03-31-2019, 10:02 AM
JU2012FXDWG
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Ears ring and felt soundwaves in my chest

Originally Posted by Mac daddy 103
I don稚 have an answer to your question but, I also bought he same kit you got and just wondering how does it sound compared to stock?
It is a vast improvement over stock. I used to snicker at guys riding down Rhode Island Avenue, NE. with their music blasting. (My Wide Glide only had loud exhaust for my listening pleasure.) I sold Wide Glide and bought a Street Glide. I was not very impressed with the stock radio at 50 mph. The more I increased the volume the more distortion I heard too. I wasn't looking to recreate the pounding bass and blasting component speaker system I had in my Ford F-150 Lightning from the 90's. I wanted a simple, easy, speaker upgrade with a 2 channel amp. That is what I got. My final price was $600 with an Ebay coupon.

Yesterday was a beautiful 74 degrees in Maryland. Playing music off of USB drive, 60% volume, depending on the quality of the audio file, I was feeling vibrations in my chest and it was clean. I have no intentions of adding more speakers so the 2 channel amp is fine for me. 100 watts per channel is plenty loud for me. I will focus on the blue tooth next. WHIM and all that other stuff.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:25 PM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
Mac Daddy ,,,,,

our ROKKER XXR Extreme kits are a very significant upgrade from stock ,,,,, 100% plug-n-play and are tuned for the STOCK Harley radio flash ,,,,

latest video on these exciting new systems is shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2NH4CgCnhw
I just finished installing this setup and I think the stock setup sounded better, I was not impressed !!!! Plus left side speaker had a little weird sound to it, so I took the stuff back out and back to the stock Audio

The following users liked this post:
Red8972 (11-13-2019)
Old 03-31-2019, 05:51 PM
MrMetro
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mac daddy 103
I like it. I know there are people on the forum complaining about it. Is it better then stock....absolutely. My only complaint is on a fm station there痴 distortion when you crank it too loud. When you stream from a phone or play from a USB and turn the volume up fully there痴 no distortion.

Last edited by MrMetro; 03-31-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:15 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Mr Metro ,,,,,

yes sir ,, FM can be tough, you can also upgrade to ROKKER stage5 with the J&M custom radio flash and eliminate that last little bit of distortion on the FM ,,,,, see https://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=57

Old 08-22-2019, 04:26 PM
Eric Steward
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMetro
Hey John,

Al
I bought the JM for my 12 SG ( ok, I didn't know any better) the amp was good,but I changed out the speakers and still couldn't get what I was looking for , after going to a couple of bike rallies and listening to other bikes. They told me to take that crap out then come talk to them. They also said to put it in the trash bc nobody would buy it . So I took it out and put it at the 300 yard mark and shot it with my 308 Remington...

Old 08-24-2019, 10:00 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Eric ,,,,,

you came to this thread to complain about a J&M system you supposedly purchased 7 years ago ? ,,,,,,

Quick Reply: Upgrade of my J&M system.