LiveWire Harley-Davidson's emerging models: HD's first electric motorcycle the LiveWire.

LiveWire LiveWire Embarks on Epic 13,000 Mile Journey

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 01:02 PM
Curated Content Editor
HDF Editor
Received 759 Likes on 375 Posts
Default LiveWire Embarks on Epic 13,000 Mile Journey

LiveWire Embarks on Epic 13,000 Mile Journey
By Brett Foote

This new show depicts the epic journey of two friends riding together for the first time in a decade.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:58 PM
Pugslycat01
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

"But the point of the exercise is to prove that these sorts of trips can be enjoyed with the latest cutting-edge technology, and without creating much if any pollution along the way."

Yes, they can be enjoyed if you have a whole production team scouting charging points in advance, arranging situations your bikes just so happen to be uniquely qualified to handle, and are doing it all on your expense account. Also not creating any pollution because I'm sure that entire production crew is also travelling in EV's, aren't they?

Old 08-15-2020, 06:26 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,139 Likes on 1,629 Posts

Originally Posted by Pugslycat01
"But the point of the exercise is to prove that these sorts of trips can be enjoyed with the latest cutting-edge technology, and without creating much if any pollution along the way."

Yes, they can be enjoyed if you have a whole production team scouting charging points in advance, arranging situations your bikes just so happen to be uniquely qualified to handle, and are doing it all on your expense account. Also not creating any pollution because I'm sure that entire production crew is also travelling in EV's, aren't they?
The production/support crew followed in electric trucks.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:06 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,201 Likes on 896 Posts

Geezus H. they're ugly as hell besides. C'mon Harley. Enough money pissed away. Spend it on something worthwhile. Seriously. I expect the real bikes wont have any issues since you've got money to burn on this failed experiment?

Old 08-29-2020, 11:17 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,474 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Anyone who thinks these things are emissions friendly are sadly mistaken. More political BS than anything else. One needs to look at the total emission from producing the bike and all it's components until it's retired and destroyed. Anyone think that all the electricity use was made with no emissions? How about battery manufacturing and disposal, the list goes on and on. What an electric vehicle does is shift the emissions to another source, it does not get rid of it at all! Until we can produce energy with no emissions one needs to stop looking at what the political BS is telling you and look at the total emissions required from birth to death of a vehicle and all the energy production and distribution emissions to see if it is reducing anything at all. In most cases that have been studied to date there is no emissions reduction happening at all, from its gasoline counter part. Someday maybe but not today or anytime in the near future.

The following users liked this post:
Jeff Dodson (11-25-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 09:49 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,139 Likes on 1,629 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Anyone who thinks these things are emissions friendly are sadly mistaken. More political BS than anything else. One needs to look at the total emission from producing the bike and all it's components until it's retired and destroyed. Anyone think that all the electricity use was made with no emissions? How about battery manufacturing and disposal, the list goes on and on. What an electric vehicle does is shift the emissions to another source, it does not get rid of it at all! Until we can produce energy with no emissions one needs to stop looking at what the political BS is telling you and look at the total emissions required from birth to death of a vehicle and all the energy production and distribution emissions to see if it is reducing anything at all. In most cases that have been studied to date there is no emissions reduction happening at all, from its gasoline counter part. Someday maybe but not today or anytime in the near future.

I wouldn't buy one because it had no emissions. I would buy one because they are an absolute blast to ride.

Old 09-12-2020, 09:25 PM
The Pict
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't buy one as they are the ugliest looking thing I've seen since the old East German NSU's and crap like that.

hvacgaspiping (09-14-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 11:32 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,333 Likes on 8,418 Posts

I wouldn`t buy one because I`m old school, and love the sound and looks of an I C E Harley.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:22 AM
CluelessGeek
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pugslycat01

'
Not for nothing, but there was some kid out of Naples, FL who decided to ride to Sturgis on one. Solo. No camera crews, no backup people, no spare chargers lying around. He just got the app that let you find a charger and went. Only part of his trip where he needed to sit around waiting for the 110V charger to do its 11h magic was South Dakota itself.

During the journey he took the bike to the dragstrip and smoked the car he was running against.

I find that a much more interesting ride than some publicity stunt featuring Junkies and Jedis.

It's doable. And you're going to see more people do it. Frankly I find a quiet fast twisties ride in the wilderness a different kind of fun and one worth buying into as well as your classic Get your motor riding, heavy metal thunder etc. etc. etc.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:21 AM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,635 Likes on 1,434 Posts

Originally Posted by CluelessGeek
'Not for nothing, but there was some kid out of Naples, FL who decided to ride to Sturgis on one. Solo. No camera crews, no backup people, no spare chargers lying around.
That's Jesse Dalba.
Ive been watching him on youtube. I wish he was more of an editor, because his journey is impressive but his editing of it is lacking.

VAFish (10-06-2020)

Quick Reply: LiveWire LiveWire Embarks on Epic 13,000 Mile Journey