Re: '07 Road King Classic

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Captain Rumbelly
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: '07 Road King Classic

Hey Allen,
I picked up my new Sundowner seat for my '07 Road King Classic from the local dealer today and shipped it off to you by way of FedEx. I am going to go with the Comfort Rider for both the rider and passenger, as well as taking you up on the seat heaters for both seats. Originally I had mentioned keeping the passenger pillon at the original 13" width, but after talking with you, I think I will go with the additional 2 inches (bringing that to 15" width). Call when you are ready to ship and give me the total.
Thanks again for taking the time to go over this with me today!
John Mills

[IMG]local://upfiles/29333/73A936B4AA7844D4A8AED2A7EB1B946E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-15-2008, 08:33 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Re: '07 Road King Classic

ORIGINAL: Captain Rumbelly

Hey Allen,
I picked up my new Sundowner seat for my '07 Road King Classic from the local dealer today and shipped it off to you by way of FedEx. I am going to go with the Comfort Rider for both the rider and passenger, as well as taking you up on the seat heaters for both seats. Originally I had mentioned keeping the passenger pillon at the original 13" width, but after talking with you, I think I will go with the additional 2 inches (bringing that to 15" width). Call when you are ready to ship and give me the total.
Thanks again for taking the time to go over this with me today!
John Mills

[IMG]local://upfiles/29333/73A936B4AA7844D4A8AED2A7EB1B946E.jpg[/IMG]
glad to help John.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Captain Rumbelly
Cruiser
Default RE: '07 Road King Classic

Allen,
I got my Sundowner seat back (had Comfort Rider for rider and passenger with two heaters installed) and was not happy with where the rider heater switch was placed (in the middle of the basket weave on the Sundowner Classic seat) since the edges of the rider heater switch stick out from the seat and could get caught on a pant leg. Not sure why the rider switch was not simply placed behind the basket weave (would have been better to put itright in front of the passenger switch). Also, the passenger heat switch was installed with two silver panhead screws, but the rider heat switch was installed using two silver phillips head screws. Would have looked better if used four black screws with all having same head shape (panhead or phillips).

I talked with Brent and he was very gracious and understanding on the telephone. I told him I was having the seat wired and installed at the local dealership. He said to try it out after I got it back and see if I still want to return it. My two questions are: Can I remove the four screws and replace them myself with black screws, or will I run into trouble with a nut becoming dislocated on the back of the switch? If there is a nut just sitting back there, I would wonder why the nut is not welded to the back of the switch to prevent that from occuring? I still have not gotten my bike back from the dealership yet, so will have to let you know later how it turns out. Any suggestions on your part are greatly appreciated.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:58 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

Allen,
I got my Sundowner seat back (had Comfort Rider for rider and passenger with two heaters installed) and was not happy with where the rider heater switch was placed (in the middle of the basket weave on the Sundowner Classic seat) since the edges of the rider heater switch stick out from the seat and could get caught on a pant leg. Not sure why the rider switch was not simply placed behind the basket weave (would have been better to put it right in front of the passenger switch). Also, the passenger heat switch was installed with two silver panhead screws, but the rider heat switch was installed using two silver phillips head screws. Would have looked better if used four black screws with all having same head shape (panhead or phillips).

I talked with Brent and he was very gracious and understanding on the telephone. I told him I was having the seat wired and installed at the local dealership. He said to try it out after I got it back and see if I still want to return it. My two questions are: Can I remove the four screws and replace them myself with black screws, or will I run into trouble with a nut becoming dislocated on the back of the switch? If there is a nut just sitting back there, I would wonder why the nut is not welded to the back of the switch to prevent that from occuring? I still have not gotten my bike back from the dealership yet, so will have to let you know later how it turns out. Any suggestions on your part are greatly appreciated.
Brent told me about this and I have been talking to the heater supplier about using different mounting hardware. The have two different styles for different types of mounting and it depends on each seat. Some seats require the same type of screws and some require the use of one type on the rear and different type on the front which I agree does not look good.

As far as the mounting position for the front seat that was the only place that due to the wire length of the heater. We have mounted a lot of the switches in the same location and have never had anyone complain about it. If you want us to put a new cover on the seat and leave the switches un-mounted I will be more than happy to do this. If you want to send the seat back and us replace the screws with matching screws I will be more than happy to do this also. Just let me know.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Captain Rumbelly
Cruiser

Hey Allen,
I finally got my bike back from the dealer yesterday with the modified Sundowner seat you did for me with the seat heater switches installed.I loved how the modified seat felt...just sorry I could not do a long trip with it right away. The dealer claims the switches worked fine, but of course when I got home the rider switch had the red light on constantly (with switch off and on positions)...weird. Anyway, I shipped the seat back to you yesterday. I appreciate your customer service. Problems will happen, but you and Brent clearly go out of your way to satisfy your customers. The rider switch is fine where it is. If you could just put in black screws and check out the front rider switch to see what is up with that I would appreciate it. Also, is there anyway to permenently attach the nuts behind the switches to the back of the switchs? That way I don't have to worry about taking a screw out and not being able to locate the nut again. Thanks again and it is a pleasure doing business with you and I would highly recommend you to anyone looking to modify their seat. When my son rides my Road King Classic, I'm sure he will want to send you his Sundowner seat from his RKC in the future.
Thanks again!

Old 04-11-2008, 08:51 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

Hey Allen,
I finally got my bike back from the dealer yesterday with the modified Sundowner seat you did for me with the seat heater switches installed. I loved how the modified seat felt...just sorry I could not do a long trip with it right away. The dealer claims the switches worked fine, but of course when I got home the rider switch had the red light on constantly (with switch off and on positions)...weird. Anyway, I shipped the seat back to you yesterday. I appreciate your customer service. Problems will happen, but you and Brent clearly go out of your way to satisfy your customers. The rider switch is fine where it is. If you could just put in black screws and check out the front rider switch to see what is up with that I would appreciate it. Also, is there anyway to permenently attach the nuts behind the switches to the back of the switchs? That way I don't have to worry about taking a screw out and not being able to locate the nut again. Thanks again and it is a pleasure doing business with you and I would highly recommend you to anyone looking to modify their seat. When my son rides my Road King Classic, I'm sure he will want to send you his Sundowner seat from his RKC in the future.
Thanks again!

Sounds good and we'll fix you up.