Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Milwaukee Eight (M8) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8-198/)
-   -   Slip on will void warranty (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1175497-slip-on-will-void-warranty.html)

Zoom1077 05-09-2017 03:50 PM

Slip on will void warranty

I received a phone call today in response to a written request for info regarding rcx slip ons I was told by a rep from Harley that any pipes other than stock or street cannons will void my warranty. In fact, he could void my warranty just for me telling him about in the letter It don't matter that said pipes are epa compliant without other mods. On the 2017, any powertrain mod not approved by Harley immediately voids the warranty. I don't really want to start problems on the site but just want to let those that are considering any pipe other than the street cannons you will likely void your warranty. This info was directly from the customer service department of Harley. The person was nice but very firm in saying if the wrong dealer sees these pipes and outs it in the computer warranty is void everywhere. My dealer will cover me but if you need service on the road you could be toast. Not worth taking a chance. A big part of me wishes i'd kept my 2015

TriGeezer 05-09-2017 03:58 PM

There have been other threads on this.

Slip ons are easy to remove, and install. How about, putting on what you want, then swapping out to OEM when you go for service? If you are worried about needing service on the road, swap em out when you travel.

mjwebb 05-09-2017 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by TriGeezer (Post 16220969)

Slip ons are easy to remove, and install. How about, putting on what you want, then swapping out to OEM when you go for service? If you are worried about needing service on the road, swap em out when you travel.

not a very practical workaround for many..for one, they can be a hassle and difficult to remove, two, going to reuse clamps or buy new ones every service?..for those non DIY servicing folks, three.. might not play nicely with different tunes and wouldn't want to not enjoy it on long road trips

Yamaharley 05-09-2017 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by TriGeezer (Post 16220969)

Just don't ride more than 75 miles from your dealer that okay'd it. You must be joking trigeezer.

goose222 05-09-2017 04:35 PM

Keep em stock till the warranty runs out

Kawickrice 05-09-2017 04:36 PM

I love my Rinehart Slipons. And I ain't swapping em

Fatboy Brian 05-09-2017 04:37 PM

This exactly why I'm on the sidelines this go around. Seems like the all ready shaky Harley warranty department has a trump card thanks to the epa.

Yamaharley 05-09-2017 04:45 PM

The funny thing is it's not just harley. I was told last year with the yamaha, no pipes or tuners. If I did put one on warranty was no more.

purpledeuce 05-09-2017 04:52 PM

The EPA decree states only the tuner will void the warranty. Slip Ons will not void the warranty. A harley customer service rep telling you to buy only harley products - a wild concept

sixguns 05-09-2017 05:06 PM

I for one agree with Harley. You purchase my product with a warranty and then you [ modify ] it with Non OEM parts and expect me to warranty it? Screw off!