Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who's been having to add transmission fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 02:58 PM
dDavid
Tourer
Received 104 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
I believe that most of these issues are caused by the bean counters. The bean counters hold the power in a publicly traded company whose CEO & Board are beholding to share holders (Profit).
I believe Toyota, Honda, and BMW are also publicly traded.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:29 PM
Steve Helton
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by TomcatCV62
havent refilled my tranny yet. Most of us have not had this particular issue. I feel terrible for those who have. So, no tranny refill for me. I bought the bike, you know the only mistake I have made so far? I took it for a ride.......
Seems like there are several that have this problem i do.Hope you don't but some day you might when a fix comes if it does all M8 bikes should have it done sooner or later i would say all M8 's will do this harley needs to get the fix.The 18's are coming out how many will sell if this not fixed.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:11 PM
jrbonniwell
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well after waiting exactly 2 weeks for them to "fix" my bike for the third time it was there for this problem they called today to tell me that it was done and I could come pick it up..... apparently after all that time they replaced the crank seal and spacer, which according to members on here that have had this done will accomplish nothing!! Seems pretty obvious that they have no clue at this point!!smh

Old 08-15-2017, 11:49 AM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

UPDATE: Was supposed to take my SG in for the list of checks and a new seal and spacer on monday 14th. Called to verify that parts were at the dealer, was told the spacer was on BACKORDER till the 21st. Told em I will bring her in when the parts are available......why let it set for an additional week.......

We can only hope a real fix comes out soon...

Eagle Out

The following users liked this post:
MotoJockey (08-15-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 12:00 PM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior
Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Helton
Seems like there are several that have this problem i do.Hope you don't but some day you might when a fix comes if it does all M8 bikes should have it done sooner or later i would say all M8 's will do this harley needs to get the fix.The 18's are coming out how many will sell if this not fixed.
you believe that this might be an issue for all M8's? I have often wondered that myself. So, if I do have this problem, I know when it will show up on mine....... when my warranty expires. Thats my luck.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:14 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Curious if one could suck some tranny fluid out and put it in your primary, then take it to dealer telling them it's been doing this transfer thing. At least you will have complaint on file within your warrenty period.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:20 PM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CVO SG
Curious if one could suck some tranny fluid out and put it in your primary, then take it to dealer telling them it's been doing this transfer thing. At least you will have complaint on file within your warrenty period.
The money i was going to spend on a stage 4 kit I will now spend on extending my warranty. I would like to buy another 4 more years of worry free riding.

stixvrad (08-15-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 01:30 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,918 Likes on 3,288 Posts

The money i was going to spend on a stage 4 kit I will now spend on extending my warranty. I would like to buy another 4 more years of worry free riding.

When I got mine, the dealer threw in an extended warranty and wanted to give me free 1000 mile service but I declined the service and got a service manual instead. The extended warranty will limit you on any aftermarket items you want to add unless it's SE products and that sucks.

My warranty is already out the door, I blew that first week with full exhaust system and a PM intake.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:42 PM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
When I got mine, the dealer threw in an extended warranty and wanted to give me free 1000 mile service but I declined the service and got a service manual instead. The extended warranty will limit you on any aftermarket items you want to add unless it's SE products and that sucks.

My warranty is already out the door, I blew that first week with full exhaust system and a PM intake.
Yeah I get it, Id love to make it loud and faster. When I bought a new windshield for my bike, the guy at the parts counter asked how I liked the new M8. I told him I loved it, great bike, I cant wait until the warranty is out so I can do a stage 2 with an aftermarket tuner. He gave me the strangest look, like I was highly contagious. I instantly thought, uh oh..... wtf does he know hes not telling me. He couldve just had gas too..... meh

Old 08-15-2017, 02:00 PM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,181 Likes on 3,363 Posts

I was planning on buying the ESP after the two year factory was up when I got the bike anyway. Now, there's no doubt I will. Feel real bad for the owners having issues. That really sucks.

TomcatCV62 (08-15-2017)

Quick Reply: who's been having to add transmission fluid?