Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who's been having to add transmission fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 08:37 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,713 Likes on 1,988 Posts

Originally Posted by TomcatCV62
I work with a few mechanical engineers. Some of them are fantastic..... some not so much. You can bet ur **** a mechanical engineer is working this problem out..... and possibly putting the fix in the 2019 motor/tranny....
Probably several of them. I'd love to stick my nose into that shop for a few days...

The following users liked this post:
TomcatCV62 (09-12-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 09:08 AM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

And yet even with all the resources that we peons "think" the MOCO has to resolve this problem...it remains to be unsolved.
They may have an idea or they may not have a clue as to the cause. We don't know because they have chosen to remain totally uncommunicative about it. In the simplest of terms "we don't know what we don't know".
I can't help but think that for every day this problem goes unresolved they are loosing sales and loosing customer good will because riders are loosing faith in the reliability of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:27 AM
VDeuce
Road Warrior
Received 403 Likes on 257 Posts

Most guys I talk with have no idea this is happening and you can bet HD likes it that way.

GPHDXLC (09-13-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 09:28 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,534 Likes on 4,077 Posts

Originally Posted by texaswiz
I can't help but think that for every day this problem goes unresolved they are loosing sales and loosing customer good will because riders are loosing faith in the reliability of Harley Davidson motorcycles.
For all we know, they may have figured the lost sales and some riders jumping ship to other brands, into their bottom line equation...

In spite of this issue, people are still buying the touring line, and now people are going wild over the new triangle swing-arm bikes with the M8 engine.....

I've even read a few posts where people are proclaiming a new Harley as "Bike of the Year"...

It may be cheaper to write off a certain number of customers than to publicly admit to the problem, and then check & fix all the affected bikes.....

It's all about the money...

stixvrad (09-12-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 11:33 AM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
Helps explain what most people who have met me through work say to me: "damn, you're not like most engineers I've met".

Different start in life, I guess. Once you've been a mechanic, it's hard to get it out of your blood.
What I said was sarcastic, but there's always a kernel of truth. Most I've met are like people everywhere; some easy to get along with, some not so much.

One thing I DO hold them in high regard for is the discipline to excel academically - I always was a Peppermint Patty in school; a straight D- student. That's why the trades appealed to me. Some of us just know we're happiest close to a pot of coffee and an open door...and the challenges were something I loved.

If it weren't for the engineers we'd still be awed by fire!

Old 09-12-2017, 12:00 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,713 Likes on 1,988 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel Wheels
What I said was sarcastic, but there's always a kernel of truth. Most I've met are like people everywhere; some easy to get along with, some not so much.

One thing I DO hold them in high regard for is the discipline to excel academically - I always was a Peppermint Patty in school; a straight D- student. That's why the trades appealed to me. Some of us just know we're happiest close to a pot of coffee and an open door...and the challenges were something I loved.

If it weren't for the engineers we'd still be awed by fire!
Lol! No, I understood what you were saying... but even as an engineer, I've met an awfully lot of "us" who have some level of personality deficiency...

Old 09-12-2017, 12:08 PM
borrec
Cruiser
Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

No matter what profession or job place I have learned that there is always that 10% that are nothing but trouble.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:30 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,756 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Originally Posted by borrec
No matter what profession or job place I have learned that there is always that 10% that are nothing but trouble.
Right. Reminds me of that saying of 80-20. As a manager you usually spend 80% of your time dealing with the 20% of the people (who are troublemakers).

Old 09-12-2017, 09:26 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,683 Likes on 4,486 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Right. Reminds me of that saying of 80-20. As a manager you usually spend 80% of your time dealing with the 20% of the people (who are troublemakers).
right..how the forum moderators feel monitoring you!..lol..troublemaker!

lp (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 06:38 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,756 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
right..how the forum moderators feel monitoring you!..lol..troublemaker!
Ha! I'm pretty sure I'm the manager.

Quick Reply: who's been having to add transmission fluid?