Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible to have an intelligent discussion about the M8?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 08:26 PM
LeoGast
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
I've been a member at HDF for almost 6 years now. I have participated in many good discussions, shared information I have learned and bought and sold many parts through our classified section. But I am at a point where I believe there is not much good coming out of this particular section at all. Last June we bought a CVO Street Glide and I was very excited to learn about this new engine and it's possibilities. I can't read a thread in this section without seeing the same damn people posting the same damn **** in every thread. The inadequacies of the motor company, the conspiracy theories, Harley engineers don't know ****, "I'd never buy one"....... If you have read any threads about oil pumps, fluid transfer, or sumping you know what I'm talking about. What bothers me the most is most of you that drone on and on and on about this **** don't even own an M8 powered bike. SERIOUSLY we all know how you feel shut the f*#K up and move on. YOU'RE NOT HELPING AT ALL. When I have to sort through 10 tons of **** to find one ounce of good information it gets real old real fast. Some of these threads have started off great until you ******** find your way to the party and then you start piling on the same old crap you have piled on every other thread. There are many good people here trying to help and share their findings Steve, Max, Stone Cold all come to mind and I thank you for trying

I couldn't agree more. I am tired of this bullshit. I love my 2017 street glide special. I would NEVER go back to the 103.

the M8 is absolutely marvelous.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:40 PM
dceggert
Road Master
Received 496 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
I've been a member at HDF for almost 6 years now. I have participated in many good discussions, shared information I have learned and bought and sold many parts through our classified section. But I am at a point where I believe there is not much good coming out of this particular section at all. Last June we bought a CVO Street Glide and I was very excited to learn about this new engine and it's possibilities. I can't read a thread in this section without seeing the same damn people posting the same damn **** in every thread. The inadequacies of the motor company, the conspiracy theories, Harley engineers don't know ****, "I'd never buy one"....... If you have read any threads about oil pumps, fluid transfer, or sumping you know what I'm talking about. What bothers me the most is most of you that drone on and on and on about this **** don't even own an M8 powered bike. SERIOUSLY we all know how you feel shut the f*#K up and move on. YOU'RE NOT HELPING AT ALL. When I have to sort through 10 tons of **** to find one ounce of good information it gets real old real fast. Some of these threads have started off great until you ******** find your way to the party and then you start piling on the same old crap you have piled on every other thread. There are many good people here trying to help and share their findings Steve, Max, Stone Cold all come to mind and I thank you for trying
Very well said. Thank you for standing up and facing the fan with the excrement continually aimed at it. This also goes for those trying to assist in fixing things. You are why I am here. Your posts are refreshing and enlightening. I cannot help but wonder if there is not an element of jealousy in the attacks. Maybe they cannot afford a new bike so they tear and claw away to somehow justify what they ride is better. Nonetheless, thank you so much for this tread! I was starting to feel remorse...not in my new purchase but in trying to find information here.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:52 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,942 Likes on 6,954 Posts

Thanks OP, agreed!

But it is the same with everything on this forum. Some people get their kicks bashing and trashing others. It would be nice if some that don't have a dog in the fight or a positive thing to say or facts to contribute would just skip some threads and go to others that they could contribute to.

Ask about a stereo and 30% will tell you that you don't need no stinking stereo. Ask about a phone Mount and you have the same trolls that don't need no stinking phone Mount because they don't carry or answer a phone when riding. Ask about a GPS and the anti GPS trolls come out of the closet to tell you they just ride and where ever the wind blows they go. We all have opinions but too often our opinion is not needed, wanted and is insultive to others.

Their are documented people with actual problems with M8's but far more with zero problems. I for one have zero regrets trading up to one.

Take care and ride safe.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
Heritage07 (03-17-2018), smkauffman (03-19-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 08:56 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

The only issue I have with mine is that I have out of town more than usual lately and haven’t been riding it as much as the others. I love mine. Thanks for starting this thread.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:57 PM
Psycho Dave
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

All I know is I ****ing love my m8 road glide. I don't pay much attention to the bull ****. Read what I read and take what I want from it. It doesn't take long to see who is full of ****.

The following users liked this post:
Fat11Lo (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 12:48 AM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 358 Posts

It doesn't take long to see who is full of ****.
Could not have said it better!

Old 03-17-2018, 01:23 AM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

If you get a good M8, marketing a side you have the best HD has ever produced. If you get a bad one you have a nightmare AMF could have never dreamed up. HD has become bipolar.

Old 03-17-2018, 05:19 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

I feel like when I was young again. I got that step back they got it right this time. Great running and just awesome when you twist the grip. I did change the suspension but that was like icing on a cake. Every one every year I had will have some sort of problem. But remember guys any day your above six feet is a good day.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:32 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
Thumbs down Doubtful

Is it possible to have an intelligent discussion about the M8?

Probably not here, but I heard that it happened over on the HTT forum once.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:53 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 472 Likes on 251 Posts

Thanks for all of the great feedback guys, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was getting fed up with this stuff. I'm glad there are a lot of happy trouble free or minimal issue M8 owners. I have worked for truck dealers and know how issues can crop up with a new model release.

I found this place after I bought my Fat Boy Lo and quickly joined after I found that thread, I started exploring the Softail section and was amazed at the wealth of knowledge folks were sharing and the bikes they were building right at home in their garages. Don't get me wrong there was plenty of BS going on there too and I got myself buried deep in some "debates" and when they were over sometimes I wasn't exactly proud of my responses. I've explored other sections of the forum but always felt at home in the Softail or Engine Mechanical sections. I'm a mechanic by trade and love the tech stuff. Last year when the new M8 Softails rolled out the shitstorm came down on the softail section and I quickly stopped going there. I keep checking in here from time to time thinking that maybe some of this has stopped and yesterday when I checked on "The Fix Is In" thread I was very disappointed at what that thread has become. I started this thread very pissed off but I'm glad it has turned into a positive experience for so many of you. There has got to be a way for us to share info without having all of the crap that comes along with it.

Going to be doing some cam and exhaust work soon and I hope that I can share it with you all without it turning into the **** show that this section has become to me.

The following users liked this post:
TomcatCV62 (03-17-2018)

Quick Reply: Is it possible to have an intelligent discussion about the M8?