Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible to have an intelligent discussion about the M8?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 07:55 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 472 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00

Probably not here, but I heard that it happened over on the HTT forum once.
Once, but they have got past that now

The following users liked this post:
Hrd Rider (04-22-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 09:06 AM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

The problem is the moderators. They could clean this section of the forum up but won’t do it. I posted a similar thread a while back about how the negativity has taken over and is ruining the M8 section and the moderators need to do something about it. Shortly after I received a pm with a threat I would be banned.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:42 AM
Ludwig von Buzzthoven
Road Warrior
Received 651 Likes on 286 Posts

The M8 section helped me make my decision to buy an ‘18 Deluxe. As with anything online (or anywhere, I guess), everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt. But there are a lot of good, decent riders on this forum that are willing to offer advice, and as someone stated above, I think we all know who the troublemakers are.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:04 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,322 Likes on 8,999 Posts

I love my ‘017 eGlide.... 18,000 miles.... Three problems with it. Rear Bearings blew up, warranty.... FOB issue, don’t care ..... clutch lever issue (won’t always start in gear), looking into it.

But I have never bought a bike in my 50 years of riding I like more. (Although I do like OWNING my ‘52 Pan more) And I have also never bought a bike and NOT expected issues to pop up.

As to the whining and sniveling by the KeyBoardCommando’s, it doesn’t take long to recognize them and discount EVERYTHING they say in EVERY thread they post in.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:16 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

The original post sums up why I don't hang out here more often. I have 10K on mine with no problems so that translates into "I have nothing to contribute".

Old 03-17-2018, 10:47 AM
FM500
Road Master
Received 3,484 Likes on 615 Posts

Many M8 owners forget that in a few years they can say that they owned "the last real Harley".

Old 03-17-2018, 10:55 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00

Probably not here, but I heard that it happened over on the HTT forum once.
If I had to guess,I would say the OP's post would be about your negative M8 posts which never quit even though you don't own one .You never have any good comments about Moco or its employees even though you have owned several HD bikes. Not sure why you don't stay in the other forums and let the M8 owners be.You might be a nice guy,but damn I get tired of your responses.

The following 4 users liked this post by GTK:
jgos929 (03-18-2018), lp (03-19-2018), Peter Quinn (03-17-2018), tbob (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 11:36 AM
SoCalHDMC
Road Captain
Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
I've been a member at HDF for almost 6 years now. I have participated in many good discussions, shared information I have learned and bought and sold many parts through our classified section. But I am at a point where I believe there is not much good coming out of this particular section at all. Last June we bought a CVO Street Glide and I was very excited to learn about this new engine and it's possibilities. I can't read a thread in this section without seeing the same damn people posting the same damn **** in every thread. The inadequacies of the motor company, the conspiracy theories, Harley engineers don't know ****, "I'd never buy one"....... If you have read any threads about oil pumps, fluid transfer, or sumping you know what I'm talking about. What bothers me the most is most of you that drone on and on and on about this **** don't even own an M8 powered bike. SERIOUSLY we all know how you feel shut the f*#K up and move on. YOU'RE NOT HELPING AT ALL. When I have to sort through 10 tons of **** to find one ounce of good information it gets real old real fast. Some of these threads have started off great until you ******** find your way to the party and then you start piling on the same old crap you have piled on every other thread. There are many good people here trying to help and share their findings Steve, Max, Stone Cold all come to mind and I thank you for trying
Great thread Chuck.

I read all the dope on the internet about M8 problems, and after my first ride on one, still bought a new ‘17. I had the dealer do the 1k service, then I ripped it apart at 1100 miles and installed all the Stage II parts. At 2200 miles I changed the engine oil, then rode it on a 1400 mile road trip. Thought about all the fluids while I was riding it at significant speed or RPM, but it didn’t dissuade me from the ride. Checked the oil twice and the trans. once during the ride, and kept laying the miles down. Still digging this thing.

There are so many “Cool Humans” on this forum, it sucks that they can be reluctant at times to join the conversation. Thanks for starting this one.

Everyone have a great weekend, ride safe if weather permits and you are able to do so.

The following users liked this post:
tbob (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 12:54 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 556 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by GTK
If I had to guess,I would say the OP's post would be about your negative M8 posts which never quit even though you don't own one .You never have any good comments about Moco or its employees even though you have owned several HD bikes. Not sure why you don't stay in the other forums and let the M8 owners be.You might be a nice guy,but damn I get tired of your responses.
I was going to sit this thread out - But damn, I don't think its negativity as much as an opinion & M8 owners don't like opinions. I'm sure I'm one of the guys the OP was talking about.

What I get tired of hearing is a bunch of M8 owners cry over peoples opinions of a bike, it makes you guys look as though you are trying to justify your purchase, I personally have nothing negative to say other than what I have seen first hand at the dealership being worked on.

All bikes no matter which ones have growing pains - But you M8 guys are a bunch of #$%ing cry babies, oh please Mr. moderator clean up these threads, guys are bashing our new purchases (rightfully so in some instances) & we don't like it its ok if we bust on others purchases constantly by calling them POS`s & indulge our own fantasies by making our M8`s sound like the greatest ever..........Pahlease, grow the ef up, reach down & see if you have a set & quit crying - I consider it all in fun & just banter going back & forth - at least the TC, shovel, evo owners don't bitch & cry foul like you guys do!

If Ive ridden your M8 & have friends who ride an M8 & I hear, see or know of issues - Ill post them, but if you guys like throwing rocks - then don't cry about a few broken windows in your glass house.

The following 3 users liked this post by LXT:
Beaux (03-20-2018), jd05flhtci (03-17-2018), TenMidgets (04-22-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 01:35 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Let's all remember being stationed in some **** hole dreaming about returning to the world and getting the Iron out of storage,or going to buy that fist Harley. That's what we are and what we stand for. Live to ride brothers!

Last edited by tbob; 03-17-2018 at 01:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tbob:
Psycho Dave (03-17-2018), SoCalHDMC (03-17-2018)

Quick Reply: Is it possible to have an intelligent discussion about the M8?