Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Did the Deflector Kit.......
Eliminated your transfer......
5.56%
Helped but did not eliminate transfer....
8.33%
Did not change anything, still transfers same amount....
52.78%
Not sure......
33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Trans Oil Deflector Kit Poll

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 08:01 AM
moonie48
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
Sorry you have the transfer issue. But there not going to do a thing for you. They have arleady counted your money. HD hasn't a clue there willing to pay for. Sorry

Harley vented my primary, 1400 mi all good!!! So there ts a fix.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:17 AM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Received 3,094 Likes on 1,268 Posts

Update to my post #84 on 9/3/18...... After a 2400 mile ride around AZ, NV, and back to CA, I only lost about 4 Oz.'s of fluid! Don't know why for sure but maybe due to the steady highway miles with the cruise control on? I'll put it through my normal commute routine starting tomorrow and see if the transfer increases again back to where it was BEFORE the plastic POS was installed/uninstalled...... Either way, the Tran Oil Defecator definitely made things a buttload worse.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:24 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by moonie48
Harley vented my primary, 1400 mi all good!!! So there ts a fix.
I'm glad it worked for you, but there are those that had this done to their bikes and it made no difference, so it can't be called a fix. The deflector works on some bikes and not others, so it is not a fix.

Originally Posted by MotoJockey
Update to my post #84 on 9/3/18...... After a 2400 mile ride around AZ, NV, and back to CA, I only lost about 4 Oz.'s of fluid! Don't know why for sure but maybe due to the steady highway miles with the cruise control on? I'll put it through my normal commute routine starting tomorrow and see if the transfer increases again back to where it was BEFORE the plastic POS was installed/uninstalled...... Either way, the Tran Oil Defecator definitely made things a buttload worse.
You went to AZ and NV and didn't bother to come see me? Really?

So on a more serious note, are you still planning to come to Street Vibrations at the end of the month? Hope to see you and have a beer!

Old 09-09-2018, 11:36 AM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Lol, knew you'd catch that but didn't think it'd be that quick! Thought about hitting you up while we were in Scottsdale for a day but I'm pretty sure you are up north now. We did a quick cruise by of Vegas and then back down to Barstow on our way home. But yeah, still got Street Vibrations on the calendar at this point but still unsure of which bike we may be on. Depends on if they can fix this damn oil consumption issue. 3 Qt.'s in those 2400 miles! Gonna talk to the SM on Tuesday when they open........

I'll PM you when it get's closer.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:51 AM
$tonecold
Club Member

Lol, knew you'd catch that but didn't think it'd be that quick! Thought about hitting you up while we were in Scottsdale for a day but I'm pretty sure you are up north now. We did a quick cruise by of Vegas and then back down to Barstow on our way home. But yeah, still got Street Vibrations on the calendar at this point but still unsure of which bike we may be on. Depends on if they can fix this damn oil consumption issue. 3 Qt.'s in those 2400 miles! Gonna talk to the SM on Tuesday when they open........
Really!?! That's more than a quart per thousand, but I don't know if that is enough to get them to take action. And they seem to like to keep your bike for long periods of time when they have it. I think I would bear with it until the weather starts to suck and then give it to them. It might be a good time to consider a 117" kit. I just got my cylinders and heads back the other day. I'll wait for the weather to change in Sparks before I go there. I got a few other cats to herd before I get into that.

By the way, I've been in AZ all week. Right now I don't have a bike here though. Next year I will leave one of them here through the summer. Probably the '15.

I'll PM you when it get's closer.
Yeah, let me know. Even if you have to ride the other bike it would be worth it. It's a pretty close trip for you. I'd say let's do "The Fix" while you're here, but if you need warranty work on the engine we probably ought to put that off a bit. Maybe we'll do it while I'm installing your 117" kit! LOL!

Old 09-09-2018, 12:08 PM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by $tonecold
Really!?! That's more than a quart per thousand, but I don't know if that is enough to get them to take action. And they seem to like to keep your bike for long periods of time when they have it. I think I would bear with it until the weather starts to suck and then give it to them. It might be a good time to consider a 117" kit. I just got my cylinders and heads back the other day. I'll wait for the weather to change in Sparks before I go there. I got a few other cats to herd before I get into that.

By the way, I've been in AZ all week. Right now I don't have a bike here though. Next year I will leave one of them here through the summer. Probably the '15.

Yeah, let me know. Even if you have to ride the other bike it would be worth it. It's a pretty close trip for you. I'd say let's do "The Fix" while you're here, but if you need warranty work on the engine we probably ought to put that off a bit. Maybe we'll do it while I'm installing your 117" kit! LOL!
Not sure if "The other bike" will be my '03 RK or new '19 SG that I trade my '17 RK in for, lol! Time will tell........

Old 09-09-2018, 01:10 PM
$tonecold
Club Member

Not sure if "The other bike" will be my '03 RK or new '19 SG that I trade my '17 RK in for, lol! Time will tell........
LOL! Yeah, I hear that! You have definitely had your share and someone else's for that matter, of problems with that bike and the one it replaced. I'm an RGS enthusiast myself, but an SGS will work. The Barracuda Silver, Scorched Orange/Black Denim, or Silver Flux/Black Fuse will are where I would have to go if I was in the market. I don't see how the 114" wouldn't be a plus also. You know it doesn't mean you won't continue to have transfer problems. They haven't really addressed it sufficiently yet. What ever you decide good luck with it. Work for that deal, they owe you!

Old 09-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Takedown
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Really!?! That's more than a quart per thousand, but I don't know if that is enough to get them to take action. LOL!
I hope they would take action on it. I am taking my 18 RGS in tomorrow because it is consuming at least a quart every 1K miles.

Old 09-09-2018, 01:44 PM
$tonecold
Club Member

Originally Posted by Takedown
I hope they would take action on it. I am taking my 18 RGS in tomorrow because it is consuming at least a quart every 1K miles.
I would hope they would take action on that much consumption also, good luck! ��

Last edited by $tonecold; 09-09-2018 at 01:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Takedown (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 11:01 PM
moonie48
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad it worked for you, but there are those that had this done to their bikes and it made no difference, so it can't be called a fix. The deflector works on some bikes and not others, so it is not a fix.

You went to AZ and NV and didn't bother to come see me? Really?

So on a more serious note, are you still planning to come to Street Vibrations at the end of the month? Hope to see you and have a beer!

Not the deflector that didn't work! Then they vented the primary!! 1400mi all good!!

Quick Reply: Trans Oil Deflector Kit Poll