Sponsored by:

M8 sumping issues are fake

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 08:50 AM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonebender
Real or not reading about sumping here is causing me to wait another year on getting a new Harley with the M8. I have been intrigued by the M8 since they came out and I am sure I will own one in the near future.
It is sad but true that there seems to be few places to go to find the truth and nothing but the truth. We have become a nation of liars, to a point where we don't even recognize the truth. That is the goal of most trolls - to obfuscate the truth.

Politics has infiltrated motorcycles.

The following users liked this post:
jpooch00 (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 09:06 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

If even ONE person doesn't buy a new M8 because they heard of sumping or other issues, that makes it real for the Harley Davidson Motor Corporation.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:29 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
Default True dat...

Originally Posted by SpringerRider
It is sad but true that there seems to be few places to go to find the truth and nothing but the truth. We have become a nation of liars, to a point where we don't even recognize the truth. That is the goal of most trolls - to obfuscate the truth.

Politics has infiltrated motorcycles.
Absolutely true on all counts, and well said, Sir. The only part I'd have to disagree with is that it's confined to the US.

IMO, it's a world-wide issue. Total BS and never-ending lies is currently the "new normal" in this world.

Of course, it's the best possible situation for companies like the MoCo - an incredibly gullible population that can no longer recognize BS & lies when they read/see/hear 'em.

Best wishes,

JP

Last edited by jpooch00; 07-11-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:07 AM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 440 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by 12doplumbing
Springerrider — will you give us that thread you referenced? About the mechanical genius who came up with “the only known solution” to sumping? I’ll spend hours searching for a thread, find an interesting slightly different topic, and completely forget what I was looking for - my ADD or some other positive attribute kicks in 😛
I want more “Solution” threads. Understanding what and how a problem is occurring, choosing a solution and testing it makes me feel Powerful!
Here's the thread in question. Great reading!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...fix-is-in.html

Old 07-11-2018, 10:39 AM
VDeuce
Road Warrior
Received 403 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by iHodor
Here's the thread in question. Great reading!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...fix-is-in.html
That's transmission oil transfer, not sumping.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:49 AM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
If my memory serves me, this whole sumping issue was first posted on this site by a guy with a 114 kit and stage 4 installed on his 2017 bike. Somehow it expanded, as only the internet can do, to make it sound like every M8 engine out there is prone to this issue. I still suspect that is a VERY small minority out of the thousands of M8 bikes out there.
I agree. Like I said earlier. My service manager has seen none. And he is aware of the issue and the service bulletins. He just bought an M8 himself and he wouldn't have done that if it was a common issue. His trade in was a 16 so not like he needed a new bike. Not all dealers service managers are liars or full of crap. I trust mine. Too bad there are more than a few bad ones. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:53 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,404 Likes on 2,635 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
If my memory serves me, this whole sumping issue was first posted on this site by a guy with a 114 kit and stage 4 installed on his 2017 bike. Somehow it expanded, as only the internet can do, to make it sound like every M8 engine out there is prone to this issue. I still suspect that is a VERY small minority out of the thousands of M8 bikes out there.
Memory doesn't serve you. People who were experiencing the issue reported it here. Many were big bore kits, others were not. That simple.

And like its been said here, we're not inflating the frequency of occurrence here. The MoCo doesnt put out a TSB on just anything, it must be a serious issue.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:55 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by VDeuce
Hey Vdeuce, getting off the subject a little, but what's the update on the three piece CVO pushrod?

Old 07-11-2018, 11:15 AM
VDeuce
Road Warrior
Received 403 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by $tonecold
Hey Vdeuce, getting off the subject a little, but what's the update on the three piece CVO pushrod?

No fluid loss yet! Seems like a fix. I think I am at 1000+ miles.

The following users liked this post:
$tonecold (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 11:17 AM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 440 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by VDeuce
Ah, you're right. My mistake. When he said the "only known solution for" my mind immediately jumped to $tonecold's primary transfer fix.

Last edited by iHodor; 07-11-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Quick Reply: M8 sumping issues are fake