Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

updated SE High Flow breather tubes (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 04:22 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,172 Likes on 3,523 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
bet I'm right..wife's 2017 Freewheeler is in right now getting heads replaced under warranty for excessive carbon build up at 20,000 miles after failing a leak down test
Factory warranty or ESP? If ESP is covering it that's pretty much a miracle! Glad they are fixing if for you, regardless.

Old 08-20-2018, 04:39 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,544 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by strych9
Factory warranty or ESP? If ESP is covering it that's pretty much a miracle! Glad they are fixing if for you, regardless.
being done under factory warranty. we bought the HD sponsored ESPs from our dealership who we have a very long exclusive relationship with so will have to rely on them to continue to work with us and ESP in the event of a recurrence. They followed step by step troubleshooting and instruction from the MOCO who eventually told them to replace the heads. Since this doesn't appear to be the sort of problem that would leave us stranded out of town we would take it back to them for any future diagnosis. All that being said, yeah, nobody in their right mind would choose to re-burn the breather splooge but we aren't going to violate our ESP compliance requirements. nothing left to do at this point but to just keep rolling on down the highway and see how things shake out over time...makes you wonder how so many bikes for so long having to deal with this emissions config requirement have not apparently had problems..I mean, millions of bikes out there and they aren't all getting torn apart over this

Old 09-03-2018, 11:04 PM
Ronbo1
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutchy3051
All,
I was looking for a small hose so that I could attach a catch can of sorts when I found a one-man brake bleeder in my shop. The hose fit perfectly onto the tee that is located above the air filter and I then ran the hose down the left side of the filter and tucked the bleeder can beside the filter and inside the housing. Works great so far. She's catching some goop for sure... 2018 Ultra Ltd.
Dutchy
This sounds like a good compromise between having an exposed breather filter can hanging somewhere or pumping all that junk directly into your intake. Seems like this set up will catch all the oil and 'double' filter (and cool?) all the hot vapors before going back into your engine. Might have to clean the air filter a bit more often but that's a good sign that it's not getting into the engine.. right? There sure looks like there's plenty of room in the bottom of the 107 filter housing to hold a breather filter. Would only take 2 minutes to change back before having HD service it, if you think they would even care.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:42 PM
billbrummett
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 99 Posts

just bought the updated breather tubes for my Heritage 114. will these work with stock breather setup?

Old 09-21-2018, 02:54 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by billbrummett
just bought the updated breather tubes for my Heritage 114. will these work with stock breather setup?
Assuming it was still under warranty, did they refuse to cover the new longer rubber tubes under warranty?

Old 09-21-2018, 03:16 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,544 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by Retrop
Assuming it was still under warranty, did they refuse to cover the new longer rubber tubes under warranty?
they replaced my wife's under warranty because we originally brought it in for the mess..mine was much less severe so i just bought them to avoid the whole drop off and diagnose time spent..$18...that's like a pizza