Sponsored by:

Fullsac design / Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 10:07 AM
Cruizer40
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fullsac design / Fuel Moto

Deciding on Fullsac head pipes or Fuel Moto. My question is this, the Fullsac system has the full size crossover pipe and the Fuel Moto Jackpot uses the stock choked down crossover pipe. Both promise increased performance however does one or the other offer superior because of the differences in the crossover design?
Thanks

Last edited by Cruizer40; 01-13-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:30 PM
Desertwndrr
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I can’t speak for the Fuelmoto head pipe, but the Fullsac one is fantastic. I’ve installed dozens of Fullsac head pipes over the years and this new M8 version is a solid unit. Very high quality.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:25 PM
rdc401
Road Master
Received 120 Likes on 88 Posts

I have fuelmoto pipe very nice unit.i think this pipe is for stock or mild build and fuelmoto has a xxx headerpipe for big builds.I’ve never used anything else,not saying anyone else is not as good or better.
but for price build Quality and performance fuelmoto works for me.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:59 PM
dave the welder
Road Captain
Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts

Fuel Moto told me that the crushed cross over pipe is no big deal, unless your going for big power. I have a stage 1 with FM's Jack Pot 2into1. Fuel Moto has great customer service!

Old 01-13-2019, 06:10 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

We have 2 Jackpot head pipes for M8 FLH bikes, the M8 2/1/2 and the Jackpot M8 XXX. The 2/1/2 is designed for stock and mildly modified engines up to the 130HP range, The XXX is designed for engines over 130HP. The XXX has stepped 2” primaries and a huge collector, it also has an oversize crossover pipe. Both pipes work with stock heat shields and feature dual 12mm & 18mm O2 bungs. These pipes were developed by testing dozens of designs on an assortment of engine displacements and power levels. Each pipe is hand built from 304 stainless and includes a lifetime warranty. If anyone has any questions or are looking for a recommendation we are always happy to assist.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following 3 users liked this post by fuelmoto:
04ctd (01-28-2020), GPHDXLC (01-28-2020), lightweight bob (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 07:08 PM
Cruizer40
Intermediate
Default Crossover pipe

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We have 2 Jackpot head pipes for M8 FLH bikes, the M8 2/1/2 and the Jackpot M8 XXX. The 2/1/2 is designed for stock and mildly modified engines up to the 130HP range, The XXX is designed for engines over 130HP. The XXX has stepped 2” primaries and a huge collector, it also has an oversize crossover pipe. Both pipes work with stock heat shields and feature dual 12mm & 18mm O2 bungs. These pipes were developed by testing dozens of designs on an assortment of engine displacements and power levels. Each pipe is hand built from 304 stainless and includes a lifetime warranty. If anyone has any questions or are looking for a recommendation we are always happy to assist.
Hello
So I want to understand correctly, I'm putting together a stage 2 M8 107. I'm looking at a PV with the target tune, S&S 475c, SE intake, lifters, pushrods, headpipes and slipons.
The oversized crossover offers no advantages to this kind of build over the stock flattened crossover?

Old 01-14-2019, 10:55 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruizer40

Hello
So I want to understand correctly, I'm putting together a stage 2 M8 107. I'm looking at a PV with the target tune, S&S 475c, SE intake, lifters, pushrods, headpipes and slipons.
The oversized crossover offers no advantages to this kind of build over the stock flattened crossover?
In a Stage 2 M8 application there is no gain by using a full size crossover over the factory crossover. For this reason we do not offer the optional full size crossover for the M8 like we do for Twin Cam bikes. In big Hp combinations where we use the XXX head pipe with the large 2" primaries and big collector we do use a full size crossover which is incorporated into the design. Also note choosing the proper mufflers is key.

The following users liked this post:
Joey Unick (08-11-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 04:57 PM
Cruizer40
Intermediate
Default Pipes

Thank you

Old 01-26-2020, 08:00 AM
brandon fiorini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip ons for 2/1/2

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
In a Stage 2 M8 application there is no gain by using a full size crossover over the factory crossover. For this reason we do not offer the optional full size crossover for the M8 like we do for Twin Cam bikes. In big Hp combinations where we use the XXX head pipe with the large 2" primaries and big collector we do use a full size crossover which is incorporated into the design. Also note choosing the proper mufflers is key.
I have boneshakers for slip ons and want to get the 2/1/2 pipe for my m8. Adding cam, ac, and powervision as well. I keep hearing about boneshakers not being good for the low end torque and how there is a dip. How bad is the dip? Will the bike be ******* it when I go to hit the throttle or is it not really that noticeable? I’m not trying to make my bike the fastest bike or anything lol. Just want to have some more torque and HP and keep the deep low sound. What are some slip ons that you would recommend to keep the low deep sound? Or could I just keep the boneshakers and add the 2/1/2, 475 or 465 cam, and powervision and be fine?

Last edited by brandon fiorini; 01-26-2020 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:39 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon fiorini
I have boneshakers for slip ons and want to get the 2/1/2 pipe for my m8. Adding cam, ac, and powervision as well. I keep hearing about boneshakers not being good for the low end torque and how there is a dip. How bad is the dip? Will the bike be ******* it when I go to hit the throttle or is it not really that noticeable? I’m not trying to make my bike the fastest bike or anything lol. Just want to have some more torque and HP and keep the deep low sound. What are some slip ons that you would recommend to keep the low deep sound? Or could I just keep the boneshakers and add the 2/1/2, 475 or 465 cam, and powervision and be fine?
Since you mentioned the s+s 475 cam thought I would share a clip of my bike with this cam. My dyno/engine guy strongly recommended for stage 1 or 2 that I just decatt the stock header, he said in his experience with the M8 it performs as well as an aftermarket header. He did say above stage 2 then you would want a good aftermarket header though. Anyway, this clip is my M8 117 with stock header, stock ventilator, magnaflow knockouts (4inch) and the bike runs and sounds awesome. Good luck to you sir!

The following users liked this post:
brandon fiorini (01-26-2020)

Quick Reply: Fullsac design / Fuel Moto