Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Idle video

Old 05-21-2019, 01:33 PM
Durwood 1
Advanced
Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Wmitz
Do you think it would be possible for you to do an overlay of the 460 vs the 480. Curious in the difference in the torque curve. Thanks
I don't have one with this exhaust and the exhaust is what dictates the curve. It would be apples to oranges.

The following users liked this post:
Wmitz (05-23-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 01:39 PM
Durwood 1
Advanced

Originally Posted by FunnelCake Combo
Is this cam well suited to go in a 107 with Rinehart Slimline Duals, 4" Rinehart Pipes and a Ventilator AC? This has sparked my interest between this and Zippers 468 Cam.

Just want to get it right the first time for my set up..

Anyone have any sound clips of a bike idling and take off with this cam by chance ?? in a 107 or possibly 114?

Thanks !
The air cleaner and mufflers are going to hurt the power on your set up, the mufflers for low end torque and the air cleaner will cost you up top.

Call Fuel Moto and get a set of their Outlaw mufflers and one of the K&N ventilator style air cleaners.

The following users liked this post:
Eccool (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 01:40 PM
Durwood 1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Quik
The video Quik shared was with Fuel Moto Outlaw mufflers.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:12 PM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Durwood 1
The air cleaner and mufflers are going to hurt the power on your set up, the mufflers for low end torque and the air cleaner will cost you up top.

Call Fuel Moto and get a set of their Outlaw mufflers and one of the K&N ventilator style air cleaners.
This is what most seem to miss, due to the forum "experts" saying otherwise. If you don't get the right exhaust combination, your outcome will suffer. Will it matter to you, well that is only up to you and what you are looking for.If your looking for the most bang for the buck, the Fuel Moto Outlaw mufflers will get you there. And they are still good for upgrades beyond that.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:45 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,423 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by RinTin
This is what most seem to miss, due to the forum "experts" saying otherwise. If you don't get the right exhaust combination, your outcome will suffer. Will it matter to you, well that is only up to you and what you are looking for.If your looking for the most bang for the buck, the Fuel Moto Outlaw mufflers will get you there. And they are still good for upgrades beyond that.
If you want to talk about what's been said, at least do it properly and in the proper context. IF a cam comes in at the lower end of testing, time and time again by several various shops running cam testing, then one other shops says its the top performer if you build it there way, then somethings wrong. Exhaust and intake always play a part in what the outcome is going to be but to try and single out a special exhaust and a special intake just to make a cam work is just dumb. This seems to be what your missing with your above mislead statements.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:56 PM
FunnelCake Combo
Tourer
Received 93 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Durwood 1

I have no plans to change out my exhaust set up. I think fuelmoto has been very helpful to me thus far and will most likely buy my cam /kit and powervision through them, however not a fan of the sound of the outlaw mufflers. I'm ok with a little less torque for the lower sound tone I have. Plus it will be more than My current set up.. a plus for me.

Guess I was wondering more if this would be a good bolt on for my set up / easily tunable and possibly a better lower end riding curve than the rs468. It appears it will be a great cam.

Think I'll hold off just a little longer to make the best choice for me

I do know I like the sound of the rs468 with rinehart set up and there is a very good PV tune for it.. however some say it's a little jerky and rough at very low speed.. if the cr480 is smoother there it may sell me otherwise might just go with the rs468 and be done with it.

Still gonna watch and wait for more info on this cam as I dont need to rush it.

Last edited by FunnelCake Combo; 05-21-2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:26 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts

That looks pretty good especially with that exhaust. I think I'll keep my Zippers 468 though. I know different dynos give out different numbers but we're close at my 105 hp to their 108 max hp. Notice the 468 produces so much torque at 2500 rpm where we often cruise and hold over 110 torque til 4900 rpm. It's instant torque right where I want it on a bagger. Of course this has the benefit of the D&D Billet Cat. It's pretty well know this is a great combo. I'd like to the the 480 cam with the D&D which is noted for low and mid range torque.

Last edited by Northside; 05-21-2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:12 AM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
If you want to talk about what's been said, at least do it properly and in the proper context. IF a cam comes in at the lower end of testing, time and time again by several various shops running cam testing, then one other shops says its the top performer if you build it there way, then somethings wrong. Exhaust and intake always play a part in what the outcome is going to be but to try and single out a special exhaust and a special intake just to make a cam work is just dumb. This seems to be what your missing with your above mislead statements.
This confused me. I have not seen a single test comparing the CR-480 to other cams, so how did it come in at the lower end of testing? Or are you referring to the 22x?

Old 05-23-2019, 10:30 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,423 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by FLS103
This confused me. I have not seen a single test comparing the CR-480 to other cams, so how did it come in at the lower end of testing? Or are you referring to the 22x?
You are correct (22x) Rin Tin is trying to take statements made, completely out of context and apply them to fit his way of thinking for some reason. The 480 appears to work very much like the RS468 and the TTS100 from whats being reported. Those two cams were the top ones in testing and the difference between them and all the others in the testing showed in both the dyno and acceleration testing. The 468 has a lope or roughness at idle and low RPM and the100 did not. It sounds like the 480 is more like the 468 for idle lope or roughness at low RPM from what is being stated.

Quick Reply: Cycle Rama CR480