Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pump on se stage 3?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 03:15 PM
wheelock4
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

not sure when it was installed. bought bike from dealer as demo bike with 8600 miles on it . dealer said it was done by hd at tech center in Milwaukee but didn't have date or paperwork. nothing entered into computer or on vin number.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,514 Likes on 2,134 Posts

Originally Posted by annibel
not sure when it was installed. bought bike from dealer as demo bike with 8600 miles on it . dealer said it was done by hd at tech center in Milwaukee but didn't have date or paperwork. nothing entered into computer or on vin number.
So you don’t even know if you have a warranty on those parts? I.e. stage 3 is only covered by warranty if done (and documented) within the first 60 days of ownership.

That would not make me happy...

Old 03-10-2019, 05:19 PM
wheelock4
Tourer

mchad. on a normal purchase you are totally right. Demo bike is different. I asked about upgrade being done within first 60 days and was told since it was a CO OWNED BIKE by hd it didn't matter. have had 5 different dealers run history on bike and all come up the same. since it was driven by an exec upgrade was done at their training center in Milwaukee and no documentation is required. I have been told all the things they HAVE to do but in the end they have no obligation for anything once dealer takes ownership. They just find a sucker like me to then buy it. Still like the bike though!

Old 03-10-2019, 06:22 PM
Mchad
Club Member

mchad. on a normal purchase you are totally right. Demo bike is different. I asked about upgrade being done within first 60 days and was told since it was a CO OWNED BIKE by hd it didn't matter. have had 5 different dealers run history on bike and all come up the same. since it was driven by an exec upgrade was done at their training center in Milwaukee and no documentation is required. I have been told all the things they HAVE to do but in the end they have no obligation for anything once dealer takes ownership. They just find a sucker like me to then buy it. Still like the bike though!
Sorry, I got nothing out of that. Do you have a full end to end warranty? It sounds like maybe, but it’s not clear to me.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:26 PM
wheelock4
Tourer

mchad. I bought a 2017 road king DEMO bike from a hd dealer. I was advertised as a 107 with SE stage 3 upgrade.
after purchase I asked for documentation on upgrade. They told me when they purchase a demo bike thru auction from HD corp. they are given zero info on bike before they get it, I have reached out to HD in Milwaukee 6 or 7 times for info. their response is always it was done there with all SE parts so I am covered by esp. when I bought the bike I was told after purchase that because it was a demo bike the warranty started the day it came off line. therefore I had 1 month of factory warranty left. to be honest I only have there word its a 114. I believe so but have no paperwork nor can I get any. guess I should have lawyers definition of DEMO before buying.. My mistake.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:42 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Ok I’m an idiot. It’s a 2017. For some reason I had it in my head it was a 19. Thanks for explaining, but it doesn’t really matter at that point! Good luck with it either way!

Old 03-11-2019, 12:43 AM
Peter Quinn
Road Captain
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Once again there should be no reason for the Dealer to lie to you about Stage 111. If it has not given you any trouble in 7000 miles and covered 8000 at the Dealer before that,what's your concern? The best way to verify it has stage 111 is to Drag a 107.Check the compression is 11:1.Check if it has double valve springs.Should have a high flow air filter.Should have been sold with a tuner? If you have it get a dealer to read the state of tune or Dyno it. It should already go like Hell?

Old 03-11-2019, 01:04 AM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

mchad. I bought a 2017 road king DEMO bike from a hd dealer. I was advertised as a 107 with SE stage 3 upgrade.
after purchase I asked for documentation on upgrade. They told me when they purchase a demo bike thru auction from HD corp. they are given zero info on bike before they get it, I have reached out to HD in Milwaukee 6 or 7 times for info. their response is always it was done there with all SE parts so I am covered by esp. when I bought the bike I was told after purchase that because it was a demo bike the warranty started the day it came off line. therefore I had 1 month of factory warranty left. to be honest I only have there word its a 114. I believe so but have no paperwork nor can I get any. guess I should have lawyers definition of DEMO before buying.. My mistake.
Yea I get it now,just ride it mate , enjoy that bike and ride safe.

Peace to you.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:44 AM
Peter Quinn
Road Captain
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Agoober
Yea I get it now,just ride it mate , enjoy that bike and ride safe.

Peace to you.
Goobs, What do you hear about any upcoming Monoshock Touring frame upgrade?

Old 03-11-2019, 08:19 AM
wheelock4
Tourer

Peter Quinn. First concern was question about oil pump. Second , not everyone that rides a Harley is a full certified mechanic. Dealer probably did not lie about upgrade. They just cannot provide any documentation. Has high flow air cleaner and screaming eagle street tuner. Also bike has more power than I will ever use. Original concern was if different or bigger oil pump was used on rebuild? Just being cautious on all the post out there about oil pumps and sumping. If I had ten paged I would explain mystery bike and why there seems to be no documentation on it before it went to dealer.

The following users liked this post:
Peter Quinn (03-12-2019)

Quick Reply: oil pump on se stage 3?