Sponsored by:

Just ordered the Tab bam sticks with zombie baffles

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 10:25 PM
Iworktofish
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve N,
I removed the Zombie and installed the TTIs using the baffle mounting holes. WOW!!! Exactly what I was looking for.... Lots of volume with deep tone, can leave the house without waking the neighbors and the sound on extended rides at highway speed doesn't wear you out.
Sorry, but no video. It wouldn't sound close to the same as it does in person anyhow.
You've got me curious. I'm currently Stg1 with decatted stock HP, upgrading to a 124 kit. I've got the 4" TAB's with zombie baffles, but went with the smaller Thunder Torque Inserts #158, inside the zombie baffles, to recapture any lost torque. I would really like to hear a video, even if it doesn't do it justice.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:56 AM
Steve N,
Road Captain
Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Iworktofish
You've got me curious. I'm currently Stg1 with decatted stock HP, upgrading to a 124 kit. I've got the 4" TAB's with zombie baffles, but went with the smaller Thunder Torque Inserts #158, inside the zombie baffles, to recapture any lost torque. I would really like to hear a video, even if it doesn't do it justice.
The 158 TTI is more for 2" (and larger) mufflers, and too small for your Zombies. The TTI should be the same diameter or larger than than the baffle hole. The 258 TTI will be the correct size for yours whether the baffle is in or removed. If you missed it, way at the bottom of the page there is a link to choosing the correct size.
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/choo...ti-fit-faq.htm

You can always give DK a call as they're more than willing to help. But for only $18.95, you could always just order up the 258s. They're so simple and quick to change out, you could try both sizes to compare the sound, torque and how the engine runs. This would be better for you than listening to a video that I don't have (sorry). My money says you'll stay with the 258s.

Enjoy yor Tabs.
Steve

The following users liked this post:
2020EGS (12-03-2020)
Old 03-19-2019, 10:10 AM
Iworktofish
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Steve N,
The 158 TTI is more for 2" (and larger) mufflers, and too small for your Zombies. The TTI should be the same diameter or larger than than the baffle hole. The 258 TTI will be the correct size for yours whether the baffle is in or removed. If you missed it, way at the bottom of the page there is a link to choosing the correct size.
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/choo...ti-fit-faq.htm

You can always give DK a call as they're more than willing to help. But for only $18.95, you could always just order up the 258s. They're so simple and quick to change out, you could try both sizes to compare the sound, torque and how the engine runs. This would be better for you than listening to a video that I don't have (sorry). My money says you'll stay with the 258s.

Enjoy yor Tabs.
Steve
I actually did call DK when ordering and the 158 is specifically what they recommended. Even said to turn them sideways for minimal restriction. You're right though, easy and cheap to experiment. Probably would need a dyno to determine the torque difference

Old 03-21-2019, 07:34 AM
Steve N,
Road Captain

I actually did call DK when ordering and the 158 is specifically what they recommended. Even said to turn them sideways for minimal restriction. You're right though, easy and cheap to experiment. Probably would need a dyno to determine the torque difference
That's contrary to the information posted on their website, but I'm sure they would have their reasons considering your build and what you're after. DK knows their stuff.
Anyhoooo,,, your experiment will definitely determine which TTI configuration makes your ears and butt dyno happy.the 258 with baffle removed did it for me). Just a tip from my experience... When comparing the differences (158, 258, baffle in, baffle out etc), ride it for at least a couple of days before changing it up to a different configuration, and don't hesitate to do any a second time. Also, just for interest's sake after you've made your choice,,, if you have a buddy that you trust with your ride, have him do a couple of ride pasts while you stand on the side of the road.

Good luck, have fun and enjoy your ride..

Last edited by Steve N,; 03-21-2019 at 07:57 AM.
Iworktofish (03-21-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 09:00 AM
sweetglidez
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet mother of god!!! I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited twisting the throttle on anything like that, and I wasn’t even moving! A+ to tab performance. Now if it stops raining I can get out and give her a tru butt dyno test.

chasu99 (03-28-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 09:08 AM
Steve N,
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sweetglidez
Sweet mother of god!!! I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited twisting the throttle on anything like that, and I wasn’t even moving! A+ to tab performance. Now if it stops raining I can get out and give her a tru butt dyno test.
I'm glad that you're so thrilled with your choice. I kind of figured that you would be.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:00 PM
chasu99
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

sweetglidez - Did you get to road test them yet? What do you think?

Old 03-28-2019, 04:46 PM
Malazan
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 76 Posts

Yeah, I just rode an extended ride for the first time yesterday with my Zombies, they gave me a chubby

2020EGS (12-03-2020)
Old 04-28-2019, 07:19 PM
09IronRider
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Just bought both sizes. What did you end up doing and how do you like it? Curious if I am going to like this with the zombies or removed and with the 258.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:47 AM
Iworktofish
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 09IronRider
Just bought both sizes. What did you end up doing and how do you like it? Curious if I am going to like this with the zombies or removed and with the 258.
Haven't had a chance to change from my initial setup as described. Been busy doing other mods

09IronRider (04-29-2019)