Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered the Tab bam sticks with zombie baffles

Old 03-15-2019, 03:46 AM
sweetglidez
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Just ordered the Tab bam sticks with zombie baffles

All the videos seem to have a nice sound online. Hope they are even better in person! Anyone have any first hand reviews? Eventually going to do an air intake and (for warranty sake) Harley tune down the road.

Last edited by sweetglidez; 03-15-2019 at 04:01 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:14 AM
wheelock4
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

sweetglidez. I bought them last year. when I ordered them I was afraid they would be a little to loud. They are exactly what I wanted. The sales rep at TAB said a lot of customers buy the next quieter ones and come back for the zombies. I am really happy with them. A friend bought reinhart slip ons and when he heard these he said that was the sound he was looking for. I like them cause if its early I can idle out of neighborhood and not wake everyone but if I get on it there plenty loud. Only my opinion but very happy with them.I have 2017 road king with SE stage 3. Each bike may be a shade different

Old 03-15-2019, 08:53 AM
RK12
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Weird there weren't any available in the classifieds. People been dumping them a lot lately.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:05 AM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,075 Likes on 3,491 Posts

Originally Posted by annibel
sweetglidez. I bought them last year. when I ordered them I was afraid they would be a little to loud. They are exactly what I wanted. The sales rep at TAB said a lot of customers buy the next quieter ones and come back for the zombies. I am really happy with them. A friend bought reinhart slip ons and when he heard these he said that was the sound he was looking for. I like them cause if its early I can idle out of neighborhood and not wake everyone but if I get on it there plenty loud. Only my opinion but very happy with them.I have 2017 road king with SE stage 3. Each bike may be a shade different
That describes what I did. The baffled units had good depth, but not enough volume. The Zombies had more than enough volume, but not enough depth. Ended up with a full Rinehart setup to get the sound I wanted. I will say that the quality and support from TAB is top-notch. They are a local company to me, and they have a great company. The Zombies do sound really good without being too overbearing. OP, enjoy your system.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:26 AM
rolling_again
Road Master
Received 425 Likes on 181 Posts

I picked up a set of these and absolutely love them on my 2018 FLTRU

Old 03-15-2019, 10:26 AM
BigDipper15
Club Member
Received 318 Likes on 170 Posts

I have them and love them. You will not be disappointed.

Last edited by BigDipper15; 03-15-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:34 AM
sweetglidez
Advanced

Originally Posted by annibel
thabks for the reply! I think they have that sound I’m looking for without really going nuts on the bike right now. I’ve heard the d&d are good but for the money I think tab is where it’s at. Anyone got any details on performance? Guess I will know when I do the whole “stage 1” but these should keep me happy for a while.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:37 AM
sweetglidez
Advanced

Guess I’m not expecting too much besides the sound, so long as I don’t loose hp or torque at around 500$ I’m happy.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:58 PM
chasu99
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Just wait. You're not going to loose anything with the Zombie baffles. There's enough restriction to at the right length to eliminate the reversion without creeping in on the sound. From 4" to 2.5 and then open back up at the tip is what these are designed for. You're not going to loose torque unless you pump more air into it, so without opening up the intake, the flow will be relatively minor out of the bike. You're going to love the sound. When you're ready to do a stage 1, open up the flow at the intake, get the TAB HeadPipes, and throw a tuner on it. It'll be better than you expect if you don't expect too much besides the sound. You won't loose HP or torque just by adding slip ons. ENJOY !!!

Originally Posted by sweetglidez
Guess I’m not expecting too much besides the sound, so long as I don’t loose hp or torque at around 500$ I’m happy.

The following users liked this post:
tabperformance (03-15-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 10:03 AM
Steve N,
Road Captain
Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetglidez
All the videos seem to have a nice sound online. Hope they are even better in person! Anyone have any first hand reviews? Eventually going to do an air intake and (for warranty sake) Harley tune down the road.
I, like many others, was 'chasing that sound'. Luckily, I found it on my 3rd set of slip-ons. I've got the 4" TAB BAM Sticks, and I'll never take them off. As far as baffles go, see below.

Originally Posted by strych9
That describes what I did. The baffled units had good depth, but not enough volume. The Zombies had more than enough volume, but not enough depth. Ended up with a full Rinehart setup to get the sound I wanted. I will say that the quality and support from TAB is top-notch. They are a local company to me, and they have a great company. The Zombies do sound really good without being too overbearing. OP, enjoy your system.
Of course we all know that sound is subjective, but anyone trying out the Zombies is probably after the same or similar thing. I too liked the volume of the Zombies but found the tone a little harsh. After reading that TTIs from DK Customs (designed to help with torque) can also deepen the tone, I thought I'd give them a shot.

I removed the Zombie and installed the TTIs using the baffle mounting holes. WOW!!! Exactly what I was looking for.... Lots of volume with deep tone, can leave the house without waking the neighbors and the sound on extended rides at highway speed doesn't wear you out. However, if you twist the grip, everyone knows you're coming or going on a Harley.

My recipe for success and a shout out to both:
https://www.tabperformance.com/harle...p/121-1295.htm
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/thun...dk-tti-258.htm
(Mine has a S.E. Stage I with a de-catted stock head pipe)
Sorry, but no video. It wouldn't sound close to the same as it does in person anyhow.

The following users liked this post:
Iworktofish (03-18-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just ordered the Tab bam sticks with zombie baffles