Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's up with this high idle bullish*t?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 03:06 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,572 Likes on 4,442 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
I have adjustable levers. I notice a slight idle raise when coming to a stop, clutch lever pulled in. Don't remember if the bike did this before the lever change since I have less than 500 miles on the bike.
BUT, I just went out to the garage and my bike won't start in gear where I have the clutch lever adjusted. I re adjusted to a further point with the lever and bike will start in gear. Next time I ride I'll set the lever to the further point to see if the raised isle goes away.
That idle raising up slightly does not annoy me to where I'd give up the adjustable levers because they have so many benefits and if I need to start in gear, it's just an easy turn of a dial to change the setting on the clutch lever.
PS: This is the third bike I've had these levers on but I always start the bike in neutral so maybe never noticed the inability before. The elevated idle didn't happen on my 2014 Street Glide or 2013 Vrod that I noticed.
I had the LHCM replaced with the newer one which fixed the not starting in gear problem I had with the OEM. For me anyway, the only reason to start in gear is in the rare case of needing to, like stalling crossing a busy highway, in which case I want to be able to GTFO of there NOW! don't want to be fumbling around for neutral or adjusting the lever....just my take on it anyway

Old 04-26-2019, 04:00 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,848 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
I had the LHCM replaced with the newer one which fixed the not starting in gear problem I had with the OEM. For me anyway, the only reason to start in gear is in the rare case of needing to, like stalling crossing a busy highway, in which case I want to be able to GTFO of there NOW! don't want to be fumbling around for neutral or adjusting the lever....just my take on it anyway
Indeed, for me in 48 years of riding it hasn't happened, fingers crossed.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:07 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,572 Likes on 4,442 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
Indeed, for me in 48 years of riding it hasn't happened, fingers crossed.
me neither, more worried about the wifey poo on hers..she's pretty good but I have seen her stall a time or two and she still has the OEM LHCM which has been replaced twice before the new one came out, which is working for the time being, but they wouldn't replace with new one under warranty just because..guess if I was that concerned for her safety I'd just pay the $$ and have it done eh?

Old 04-26-2019, 04:20 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Big Twi$t
Let me get this straight...you always respond to post in a condescending manner? GTFO
You may not like the way he stated it but he does have a point.........

Old 04-26-2019, 06:01 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by todd-67
You may not like the way he stated it but he does have a point.........
Never denied that. Already been addressed. Got the answers I was looking for and no one was an *** about it. Pretty cool how it worked out that way.

Thanks for the input.