Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

HD Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 04:56 PM
jonnycando
Tourer
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

True you have to do your own checking but anecdotes do give a searcher a path to go looking down.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:46 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
A LOT of things matter, not just multi-policy discounts or even saying “full-coverage”: age, gender, zip code, driving record, years licensed, years licensed to operate a motorcycle, age of motorcycle, garage, engine displacement, ABS, security system, MSRP of motorcycle, miles ridden per year, liens, liability limits, uninsured/underinsured coverage and limits, collision coverage and deductible amount, comprehensive coverage and deductible amount, personal injury coverage and limit, medical coverage and limit, customization coverage and amount, and the list goes on and on.

NO ONE can say a price and go off of that alone as a comparison.
Exactly why the discussions around who pays what are relatively pointless. At best, you get a list of companies to check. I could tell everyone about the price I pay for my MC policy, but why? You won't get that rate, in fact you could end up getting a horribly high premium. All you can do is get quotes till you get sick of it, and pick one.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:17 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,229 Likes on 1,412 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Exactly why the discussions around who pays what are relatively pointless. At best, you get a list of companies to check. I could tell everyone about the price I pay for my MC policy, but why? You won't get that rate, in fact you could end up getting a horribly high premium. All you can do is get quotes till you get sick of it, and pick one.
Also, the cheapest company for one person does not mean it will be the cheapest for another person.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:16 PM
HiDrag
Road Captain
Received 298 Likes on 156 Posts

No matter what sort of bundling of homeowners, auto, and motorcycle insurance I put together, nothing gets my motorcycle insurance cheaper than a standalone policy with Safeco.
Same for me.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:05 AM
Anton Mazur
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check ALL of them. Pick the lowest cost for your coverage requirements. Takes about 10 minutes per company. Go through an agent that represents many insurance companies and they can do it for you.

Old 12-06-2019, 07:31 AM
bobg03
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

No matter what sort of bundling of homeowners, auto, and motorcycle insurance I put together, nothing gets my motorcycle insurance cheaper than a standalone policy with Safeco.
I had a $125 increase this year, no tickets no claims.

My agent switched me to someone else and saved me $175 I had Safeco for house and cars, so she's hunting now cause they'll raise it in March