National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Camping Near Sturgis 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Camping Near Sturgis 2011

I have stayed at Glencoe the last 4 times — always roughing it in a motorhome This year it looks like I will be going by myself and tent camping. I am thinking of staying at The Broken Spoke, although Glencoe is still in the running, and I’m looking input from those that have stayed there. Or if there is another campground you would recommend let me hear about it.

For those that have stayed at both Glencoe and the Broken Spoke which one do like better.

I am also posting to just get some Sturgis talk going — it's nearly here and no one seems to be talking about it. Is anyone going?

Old 07-14-2011, 10:53 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are going to the Broken Spoke on the 1st. We will be there two weeks this year in our toy hauler. We stayed 8 days last year at the Spoke and had a blast. Time to repeat!!!!

Tent camping at the Spoke will find you in the sun as I did not see any plants over 10 feet tall last year. The prarie grass was cut about 6 or 8 inches high so you would have a little cushion under the tent.

Bath houses are cleaned daily. That means they get messed up during the day. They are not that bad though except the floors get wet and stay wet all evening during the rush. There are plenty of them so waiting is not terrible.

Your wristband will get you into everything they have going on including the concerts.

The biker buffet breakfast is not bad at all. The menu is large and you will find something to eat you like. I'm not talking gormet meals but it is edible and will keep you in the saddle. Other meals will leave you on your own as they do not offer any buffet style meals except breakfast. The guys selling cheeseburgers right at the entrance to the saloon last year were serving some very good grub. I hope they are back this year.

You can check the web site (bet you already have) for the Spoke to see all the other things they have going on. The pool area is a great place to chill out and enjoy a cold one while viewing some very fine female flesh. They had an electric bull and bikini contests last year that would make you write home!!! (charge the camera)

The general store basicly had water and beer. Those were priced out of sight. If you need anything more you are going to town. The free WiFi only worked within 30 feet of the store and it was slower than a sick snail. Pretty much worthless last year for computers. Maybe they have done something better this year???

I saw some great work come out of the tatoo shop at the Spoke if you are into doing that.

The best, most fun thing we enjoyed last year at the Broken Spoke was that party bus they had touring the property at 2mph. You just walk up, get on, buy yourself a drink and enjoy watching the campers flashing you. The onboard bar madien was the absolute hottest babe in the county last year. I do not remember her name but she had such a great attitude always!! She was a fine asset to the Spoke and did them well. Hope she is back this year!!!

If you camp at the Spoke this year be sure to stop us and say hello. I'll have a cold one for you at the camper. You can't miss us, , , we cruise the grounds on a red Honda quad, , , me, the wife (long blond hair and nice hoots) plus our little 24lb. terrier who is also blond. He loves to cruise on the quad so we are doing that a lot. That beer offer goes to anyone reading this who finds us.

Ride Safe
mowdoc

Old 07-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great review, Mowdoc, I think I will give the Spoke a try and I’ll stop by to say hello.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:29 PM
mowdoc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds great Potato!! Can't wait to meet you.

BTW - my red Ford Super Duty will be parked at the camper. The plates on it are my screen name, , , , mowdoc

See you at the Spoke!!
mowdoc