Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.
View Poll Results: A poll
Mobil 1 V Twin
28.66%
Mobil 1 20/50 gold cap
4.45%
Redline
7.17%
Royal purple
4.22%
Rev tech
1.02%
Bel Ray
0.66%
HD 360
9.32%
Syn 3
16.63%
Amsoil
27.48%
Dynacycle
0.39%
Voters: 6849. You may not vote on this poll

What Brand Engine Oil do you use in your bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Scougar886
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Brand Engine Oil do you use in your bike

I am a believer in Amsoil. I have use the Syn3 and the RK seems hot. I have used Amsoil in antother scooter and it cooled it down. My 07 RK will have Amsoil in the Spring.

Scougar 886[sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 01-01-2008, 05:07 PM
glide
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What Brand Oil do you use in your bike

ORIGINAL: tootal

First off, I use Amsoil in everything. First it's great stuff and second, my racing partner is sponcored by them and he gets a discount. Saying that, I would use any synthetic over dyno juice unless I'm breaking in a new motor. Castrol is the best non synthetic out there period. Mobile one is a blend, not a full synthetic even though it says so on the side of the bottle. The government has lowered the requirements of what it takes to be called a synthetic. It's good oil don't get me wrong, but it is NOT a full synthetic. I don't know about syn3. Amsoil, Royal Purple, Red Line are all full synthetics and great products. I use to run Schaeffer Racing oil with great results. Schaeffer is the oldest lubrication company in the US. They make mostly diesel oils and make a great product. It is a blend like Mobil One, and a very good one also. It's mostly a matter of how often do you want to change your oil? With Castrol I changed every 3000 miles. With Schaeffer, a blend, I went 5000 miles. With Amsoil, or other full syn, I would go 10,000 with a filter change half way through and of course a top up. That's my .02 cents worth, well maybe a nickel!
Mobil 1 is a blend ??? You don't know about Syn 3 ??? The government regulates synthetic oils ???
Racing oils are sometimes NOT the best choice for a street bike.

May I suggest that you do some research on oils.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:56 PM
amsando
Stage III

.... I've been using HD Screaming Eagle Synthetic but I've been hearing from several HD riders that they are switching to or have already switched to Mobil 1 V Twin.... I work in the oil industry and understand lube oil characteristics and principals. I've been doing some research and I'm fixing to do an oil change next week... I'm upgrading to Mobil 1 V Twin...

Old 01-03-2008, 05:43 PM
madcritter
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: amsando

.... I've been using HD Screaming Eagle Synthetic but I've been hearing from several HD riders that they are switching to or have already switched to Mobil 1 V Twin.... I work in the oil industry and understand lube oil characteristics and principals. I've been doing some research and I'm fixing to do an oil change next week... I'm upgrading to Mobil 1 V Twin...
amsando
welcome to the forum, looks like a lot of folks are switching. I just giving that south of the border commie any more money.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:41 AM
francis
Cruiser

Great stuff, am loving it, itl like sitting in your local bar listning to a conversation abot something you always wanted to know about,but were afraid to ask or but in. Keep up the good work boys.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
madcritter
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK my partner just got off the phone with Harley Davidson Customer Service at HD HQ. They told him they could not tell him where hd oil is made because they could not find out. He raised cain telling him he knew it was made by CITGO ( little commie jerk). I'm calling in the morning. I think We all need to call and tell them what we think about our "American Make" bikes running commie oil.
the number is: 414-343-4056 press #6.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:07 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Going with Amsoil- why not beat the heat and have it run with less heat? My indy runs it in his bagger; & it's a kick *** bagger at that.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:23 AM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer

My Dealer offered a lifetime service policy for $2,500. That I upgraded to Syn 3, in all three,for $100.

With the oil being changed every 2,500 mile (and me on a free loaner then) I think the Syn-3 should be fine.

The price may seem a little steep overall, but I kept my last bike 17 years and it should pay for itself before then.

Mike

Old 01-15-2008, 11:38 AM
thedak
Intermediate

Amsoil 20W-50

Wouldn't think about using anything else

Old 01-17-2008, 05:34 PM
roofgunner
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Amsoil in everything: chainsaws, AC 180 tractor, H-D, Ninja, Jet ski, weed eater and all the cars, gear oil, too.

Quick Reply: What Brand Engine Oil do you use in your bike