Pan America Pan America Forum Only

My run with the Pan America is over…

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 07:12 AM
3dognate
Tourer
Received 337 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
Please don’t crucify me as I am in the GS Facebook page currently being steamrolled

Why did you choose the fully optioned with the premium pack other than it was available at the showroom.

I put a deposit on a GS and choose without the Premium pack after reading what all the feature it includes, I figured I’m not doing any off-roading and don’t really need Dynamic, Dynamic pro, and enduro pro modes

How likely are you going to use all the features it was intended for?
Well, I wanted a Triple Black model as it’s setup to be the better all around road focused model. I really just happened to run across mine used for several thousand less than new. A guy bought mine after getting tired of waiting for his custom order, and his order arrived like 3 weeks later and he bit the bullet and traded back for the bike he ordered. So, I wanted pretty much this exact same bike which was a fully optioned out Triple Black but without the adaptive ride height option. I’ll probably never get out in the woods or proper off road so this was the bike for me. I’ve been riding in dynamic mode pretty much exclusively, it feels great and absolutely rips, (plain old road mode is good too) the quick shifter is fantastic. (My first bike with a quick shifter and I’m sold on them instantly.)

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
I just came back with riding the GS1300 and while it is a great bike. There were a few things that stood out to me. The bike I tested had the Premium package which all models in the U.S. will come with instock with the dealers. Non-premium pack needs to be special order.

What stood out was the radar cruise control and the ESA (electronic suspension adjustment). I was able to test out Radar function out and it stopped like it should but not as bad when a car does the automatic braking. It is less sensitive then the cars that come with automatic braking. but it did stop for you without throwing you off the bike.

Also when turning, it spooked the heck out of me cause it felt like it was steering for you during the turns. It felt unnatural but at the same time you were making the perfect turn. It felt like it turned in a bit quicker and wanted to dump the bike in the corner. Similar how when you have radar cruise in a car and when the lane keeping assist is on. The steering wheel tries to fight you while it centers itself inside the lanes. That's how it felt. I tried to fight it at first but I guess it takes time to get use to it. I'm not sure if I can get use to that cause it's feels unnatural. Like you dont have control of your bike during turns. I'm hoping you can turn that off

But the bike is smooth with a smidge of character. No buffeting of anykind. The only changes I would make is to roll th handlebars back and add a riser that puts the bar closer to me.
Yes. The ACC works great… very impressed with the implementation. The steering, yeah the telelever suspension takes a minute to get used to. It IS a different feeling for sure than anything else out there. But, once you trust it is behaving well it feels very natural and you can hit the turns very hard and slow handling is really good.

I will say the 1300gs and the Pan America are competitive with each other and the 1300 feels more like the Pan Am than the 1250 does. I still dig the heck out of the Pan Am.

The following 2 users liked this post by 3dognate:
Idahoboi (04-17-2024), Puglia10 (04-22-2024)
Old 04-20-2024, 08:00 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 331 Posts

Great bike. Congrats... Ive been itching to sell my Super Tenere and get a new ADV. This one is on the list.

Old 04-21-2024, 06:10 AM
tngarren
Stellar HDF Member

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by Highwaymans
Great bike. Congrats... Ive been itching to sell my Super Tenere and get a new ADV. This one is on the list.
It's odd how much press/youtube attention the Tenere 700 gets while you hardly hear anything about the Super Tenere. I have no doubt it's a good bike, just interesting the excitement difference between the two models.

The following 2 users liked this post by tngarren:
Highwaymans (04-21-2024), mlbraptor (04-21-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 06:41 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,613 Likes on 3,088 Posts

Originally Posted by Rains2much
Just curious.. are there a lot of guys over on the BMW forums talking about getting rid of their BMW’s for a Harley?
You'd be surprised at the number of BMW riders that also own a Harley (based upon the discussions that I've read in a few Beemer forums..)
Very few are leaving BMW though. (I own two.)

Old 04-21-2024, 05:05 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tngarren
It's odd how much press/youtube attention the Tenere 700 gets while you hardly hear anything about the Super Tenere. I have no doubt it's a good bike, just interesting the excitement difference between the two models.
👍👍

Hell of a bike you got! My trip from So Cal to Utah in a month hasn't helped the itch for a new ADV for sure.

Big Rock Moto has been great with his vlogs on his new 1300. The reviews seem really good (though I admit leery of buying a 1st gen BMW) and have also had my eye on an outgoing 1250 (as its a decade old and proven). Crazy thing is I'm not seeing much change on $$ with the 1250 (other than interest rates) with my local So Cal dealers. If I could get the right spec 1250 for 25k OTD, I'd be on it. Maybe not realistic now, but when the 1300 is really out there on floors I don't see it impossible.

Yeah, you know its been a great bike with alot of troublefree miles, plenty of foul weather commuting, plenty of interstate touring and hooligan (I do have a group of bikes in the stable in regular rotation). Though I'm very fond of it, it's just boring.... It'll do everything I ask of with zero issues, for me it needs to have an additional 40 hp, 150 lbs lighter and some tech (exactly what today's have).... Granted being a daily rider on a mix stuff including a couple 200 hp beasts reflects badly on the S10 (someone else would never have issues with a S10).

The following users liked this post:
tngarren (04-21-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 05:59 PM
tngarren
Stellar HDF Member

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Though I'm very fond of it, it's just boring.... It'll do everything I ask of with zero issues,
Much the same as I feel about my '22 V-STROM 1050XT. I have a boxer, so the Stelvio is on my radar.

Highwaymans (04-21-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 04:08 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 527 Likes on 364 Posts

If you are serious in getting the new GS1300 ask if they can put the bike in Demo status. The requirement is 200 miles to become a demo. Found one in San Diego for 22990 with 400 miles on it.

The following 2 users liked this post by vizcarmb:
3dognate (04-23-2024), Highwaymans (04-22-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 04:59 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior

Ive been in contact with them.... 👍

Old 04-23-2024, 02:05 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 527 Likes on 364 Posts

Ive been in contact with them.... 👍
Nice
I was able to convince my dealer here in North of Sacramento to do that. It was the exact same build as the one in San Diego other than it has a low seat.

Highwaymans (04-23-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 02:38 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior

I really prefer a GSA and unfortunately it looks like they won't show up till August.... So kinda torn just getting a deal on a 1250 GSA now or wait till August and full pop for a GSA 1300....

Quick Reply: My run with the Pan America is over…