Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

Have an idea for hidden rear brake light, tell me if im crazy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:37 PM
MrElectric03
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Willy723
The right combination of clear and color will work to spray the lense, it is a method used all the time on cars, my 300C has the tail lights custom painted to match the color of the car, not just tinted.

That looks awesome! Is it light enough that the lights show up easily during the day?

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
Probably a dumb question but do you run turn signals? Maybe wire your signals to double as brake/tail lights?
Yea it would definately doubleas turn signals.

Originally Posted by fattboy1967
summin like this???

Alot like that but painted over so you cant see the lense at all. Sweet ride!

Old 10-18-2012, 06:08 AM
Willy723
Tourer

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
That looks awesome! Is it light enough that the lights show up easily during the day?
Thank you and yes, they are certainly visible as a running and brake light, I would just make sure if you are planning on running a slim style light like fatboy that they have some bright LEDs. I know I have photos somewhere of my cars tails before and after LED bulbs, but with my tails even the halogen bulbs were bright enough. I would probably go with at least a double bar or even triple, since you are talking a longer fender and are going to be painting it over they won't be ugly, but will provide a bit safer brake light.

Last edited by Willy723; 10-18-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:44 PM
MrElectric03
Tourer

Originally Posted by Willy723
Thank you and yes, they are certainly visible as a running and brake light, I would just make sure if you are planning on running a slim style light like fatboy that they have some bright LEDs. I know I have photos somewhere of my cars tails before and after LED bulbs, but with my tails even the halogen bulbs were bright enough. I would probably go with at least a double bar or even triple, since you are talking a longer fender and are going to be painting it over they won't be ugly, but will provide a bit safer brake light.
Thats good to know. I was originally thinking of one large light but I think if I go with three of the thin lights like that it would blend better. Thanks for the advice!