Prayer Requests Post your Prayer Requests here.

Updates!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 07:32 AM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the update. Good to hear the positive news! Prayers will continue.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:30 AM
RoadKing_Bob
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Default searching for a certain Forum

I haven't looked for this forum in a while, but I am looking for the "Religious Discussion Forum" was this moved?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I received this from Bob's wife, Julia, today. I just wanted to pass this on. We went out for a 6 day visit early in the month. We did get in some ride time, 500 miles. Bob was in great spirit and it appeared that all was well. He went for a bone marrow on the day we returned. His plans were to pull out of Mesa, AZ and head to Florida. I continue to ask for prayers for them. Bob has a big decision to make in the next few days, to do another stem cell transplant or let things take their course. I will keep you updated as things ocur. This is Julia's message to me. Howdy there. Well the news we were to get tomorrow, we got today. Bob went to the hospital today with a temp and not feeling to good. He had blood work, ABG's drawn. They gave him IV fluids, IV Rocephin, IV Vancomycin and pills by mouth. It took all day there and we go back tomorrow for some more IV's. They said he has the H1N1 or regular flu.
They will let us know after 24 hours. The doctor went ahead and gave us the test results from last week and they weren't what we were wanting to hear. The recommendation is for Bob to have a 2nd stem cell transplant in about 2 weeks when he gets done with the flu. That would mean that we are not going to Florida the end of this month as we were planning. We always knew that there was always this ending. We would be here for another 3 months. We are a little disappointed but Bob has to make a chose at this time on what he wants to do. " We are weak but he is strong". The Lord knows what is best when we don't get what we hope for. Love to all. Keep us in your prayers. We'll talk with ya'll soon.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:59 AM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Sorry to hear about the setback. Prayers will continue.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 PM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Got a note from Bob's wife today. Bob will go with the second stem cell transplant. It will be 120 days before the results are in. Thank you for the prayers.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:10 AM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Bob is in treatment again. I talk to Julia daily and received the following emails the past 2 days. I ask you to keep them in your prayers.
This is Friday’s email.
Well we have been having one heck of a time out here. Bob got his central line in Monday, signed consents, saw the doctor and celebrated Bob's birthday Tuesday, a big dose of chemo on Wednesday, another big dose of chemo on Thursday and Bob was put in the hospital by Thursday night due to him having a fever and then he had his stem cells put in this morning [Friday]. They are going to keep Bob in the hospital for a few more days until they can figure out what is the cause of his fever. He was feeling better by this afternoon. I am hanging in there just trying to keep up with Bob. Thanks for all the prayers and offers to help. I'll let you know if I need something. People out here have offered us help too. Believe me, if I need anything and I think you could help, I'll call. Love to all.

Saturday’s email.
Well today was not a good day for Bob. He doesn't have a temp anymore but he has a bacteria in 2 of his central line. Where did this come from? They said it is from peoples skin. He had 2 units of blood because it dropped to 6.8 by this AM from 10.6 on Thursday[ HBG]. He was nauseated this AM and couldn't eat but was able to eat soup by lunch. They said he has a little pneumonia in one lung. I wonder if they really know. There is 2 or 3 things going on. His O2 level was lower because of his low HBG and infection. He will be in the hospital a few more days the way it looks. We just keep on doing what needs to be done at the moment. Love to all. Take care.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 PM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Latest from Bob. He had his second stem cell implant. He had a rough go but appears to be doing a lot better. He will know the results in mid Mar. He has great spirit and has been out on the bike. He is heading for a 3 day trip starting tomorrow. Keep him in your prayers.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:54 AM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Prayers continue for Bob. Thanks for the update.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:43 AM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Update on Bob. He is doing a lot better, prayers are working. We are meeting up in the foot hills of TX and riding the entired month of Oct. Here is the latest note from Julia.

We have got good news today of Bob's last transplant. He is in REMISSION. That means after we get a few loose ends tied up, we can get on the road. We have to go see his regular cancer doctor next week and will most likely be put on a low dose of Revlimed to help keep the IGA number down. He is feeling good and getting active again. His hair is coming back and his weight. We are both pleased with the news. He doesn't have to come back to this doctor again until next December.
Now we have to get everything set up with his regular cancer doctor and we can head for Florida. We get to leave Arizona after 16 months out here. Thanks for the prayers, emails and cards. We love you all.
Keep, Bob in your prayers because this has no cure. Take care and I'll keep you up to date as we travel around this year.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:09 AM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Glad to hear the good news and prayers will continue for Bob!

Quick Reply: Updates!