Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

HD Leather Jackets: Worth the Bucks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I started a similar thread you may want to check out-Best leather jackets? The response was very informative. A lot of people recommended Fox Creek leathers.The FXRG jackets also got a good response.I personally would steer clear of the H.D. leather jackets.The leather is too thin to be taken seriously as a motorcycle jacket and way over priced.Also they are made in China.There are plenty of American producers making quality leathers for less than the Harley junk.Remember good leathers should last a life time,don't try to save money and buy something you will regret later(like I did).
Avoid Made in China motorclothes! Just bought a pair of boots from an American co.-better made and less $$

Old 02-03-2010, 02:19 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FXRG HD leather jacket come with a liner that is a light weight jacket by it's self. It has a kindney belt, back armor, shoulder armor, and elbow armor. It is made with vents for air flow and has breathable inside to keep the weather off your body. The leather has been sprayed with a waterproof spay what help by water running off.

Fox creek you have to add all this stuff to make it a riding jacket. Fox Creek is a good looking jacket to go danceing but I would never want to go down without riding protection built into a jacket. It's two different classes of jackets.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:28 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have two Fox Creek jackets and didn't have to add anything to them. Their leather is some of the thickest around and what's better than that for saving yourself from road rash? Seen reviews/pics of Fox Creek jackets after a slide down the highway and the jacket held up. Can't beat that.

As far as waterproof, I've been caught in the rain in my jacket and had zero problems with it. Granted I don't ride all day in the rain in it, that's why I have rain gear.

Now about dancing in it.......hmmmmm......

Originally Posted by cadman311
FXRG HD leather jacket come with a liner that is a light weight jacket by it's self. It has a kindney belt, back armor, shoulder armor, and elbow armor. It is made with vents for air flow and has breathable inside to keep the weather off your body. The leather has been sprayed with a waterproof spay what help by water running off.

Fox creek you have to add all this stuff to make it a riding jacket. Fox Creek is a good looking jacket to go danceing but I would never want to go down without riding protection built into a jacket. It's two different classes of jackets.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:30 PM
cadman311
Club Member

It's in a different class with or without.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:37 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, different price class.

It's in a different class with or without.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
cadman311
Club Member

Cheap is being cheap. I paid half price for my FXRG HD leather jacket. Sorry my girl friend paid half price for my FXRG HD leather jacket. So I'm cheaper

Old 02-03-2010, 06:42 PM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheap is being cheap. I paid half price for my FXRG HD leather jacket. Sorry my girl friend paid half price for my FXRG HD leather jacket. So I'm cheaper
So, it's not worth the money then. Seeing, as how you didn't buy it, and it was half price.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:50 PM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Armor in riding jackets has only been around for a couple of years, so what's your point. A riding jacket doesn't have to have armor.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:29 AM
cadman311
Club Member

Originally Posted by pottsy
Armor in riding jackets has only been around for a couple of years, so what's your point. A riding jacket doesn't have to have armor.
I just it's hard for Poser to ride in there cars with light armor. We ride motorcycle with riding jackets.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:22 AM
AluminumGT40
Cruiser
Default H D Jacket

Yes. I have the Harley Davidson Competition II leather jacket. I have had only a few other leather jackets to compare, but I have looked at a lot of jackets. This one is the best for me; armor, the right trim, not to flashy, removable neck collar and liner, vents, adjustment straps on the side ++.
I do see that the newer Comp II has been changed and a few of the features are now gone. I would get an older jacket with the removeable collar and the side straps if I were going to get a Comp II HD .

Quick Reply: HD Leather Jackets: Worth the Bucks?