Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Ride-On tire sealant

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 09:49 PM
SLORider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride-On tire sealant

I put the Ride-on tire sealant in my tires today. I put it in a RKC with spoke wheels, inner tubes and Metzler tires with about 4k miles on them. I had ordered it a few weeks ago when it was being discussed on the forum.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1116307/tm.htm

It's easy to install although I did go to the Hardware store and by a longer length of tubing .29 cents, to make it easier to get it through the spokes. The first few miles it felt like my tires had a flat spot, but that smoothed out after about 4 miles.

The only real test is to see if I get a puncture which is sealed by the product. I'd just as soon that didn't happen. I will be happy if it prevents leakage of air from the tires and acts as a tire balancer. Will post back if anything happens with the product.

http://www.ride-onshop.com/Products-Motorcycles.html

Old 01-26-2007, 11:19 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RE: Ride-On tire sealant

I've been thinking about the same thing. Sure do want to hear about your experience.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:11 PM
campdreamer47
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been thinking about the same thing for the spoke wheels on my Hertiage Classic. I di not realize this could be used on the spoke tires. Keep us posted. Do the original dulops that come on the spoked Hertiage Classic have tubes? I always get this confused. Do all spoked wheels have tubes?

Thank You in advance

Old 02-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Phil K
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hadn't heard of this product, but would be very interested to hear how it performs as i have an 06 Bob w/spoked wheels and have already experienced my 1st flat...and tow...less than a month from being new.Had always heard that the fix-a-flat type stuff would not work on tubes...and to my knowledge, all spoked wheels have tube tires.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:05 PM
EVOrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 275 Likes on 202 Posts

My friend has used ride-on in his Goldwing. I am unaware of him having a flat, but he does state that the bike tends to ride smoother.

I believe that on the bottle, it says it is noncorrosive. However, some ride-on was accidentally spilled on a painted steel table in my shop. I decided to leave it there just for the heck of it.Aboutamonth later and it took the paint off and it is now rusting there.

Imagine what it can do in a wheel...Screw that!!

Old 02-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wonder if it'd do that to aluminum...or if it does that inside a rim....been lookin at this post myself....any feedback yet

Old 02-14-2007, 11:10 PM
SLORider
Road Captain

Haven't been able to ride since I put it in. I should ride tomorrow and see what I see. I think I'll try the paint test myself on something to see how it goes. It's water soluble and cleans up easily. With my spokes it doesn't matter much as it's contained in the tube. If it prevents a blowout it pays for itself.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you been ridin on it yet????

Old 02-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Lethkial
Cruiser

Bump for info on your riding experience with this stuff, SLORider. I have an RKC too, and would like to hear what you think as time goes on. Thanks!

Old 02-26-2007, 08:03 PM
SLORider
Road Captain

Sorry guys, Yes I did get a ride in last week for about 120 miles. Bike rode smoothly, the tires felt like they wanted to follow every road groove but that was most likely an inflation issue. I will check the end of this week to see if the tire retains air better, if not I am going to replace the valve stem inserts as they had slight corrosion around the base when i pulled them to put in the sealer. One of the claims of the product is to lengthen the life of the tire by preventing underinflation due to less air loss through the valve.

Since the claim is to be able to seal a 1/8 inch hole in a tube tire I would love to intentionally puncture a tire that is due for replacement and see if it seals up. Unfortunatly for this purpose, my tires have quite a bit of life left in them.

Quick Reply: Ride-On tire sealant